Recent content by Ally68

1. Ally68

Checking Water pressure

I am installing an expansion tank with my new water heater. To get a static reading of my water pressure I got a watts pressure gauge. My question is can I just screw it on to the hose connector on bottom of water heater or do I have to use and outside hose connector (cold outside). and do I...
  2. Ally68

question for gary(water softner guy)

How many recharges before It should stop. Also my drain is a floor cup like drain so it could be just left from first backwash and just swirling around and not going down. Also I am not getting it in the water when it is in service only thru the drain line.
  3. Ally68

Thanks gary for putting my mind at ease I was worried it would get in the drinking water. and I think the setup and delivery from you would be high as I live in missouri otherwise I would have got it from you.
  4. Ally68

I just got a new softner installed fleck 5600. Guy installed it and it regenerated once. I noticed in the drain were it drains some media I think(little orange red balls very tiny) is this just flushed out from the first recharge? or from when he backwashed it upon installation? Water feels...
  5. Ally68

water softner

My water softner (sears 10 years old) Is dieing being replaced next sat with a fleck. It does not rechage very good and the brine well fills with water after a while not to the top just untill the fill float floats. Water is really hard now can not wait untill next sat. Anyway I have also...
  6. Ally68

off topic questions

It has been like three weeks everything seems fine I think I am ok.
  7. Ally68

Another water softner question

Yes it is possible that it happens like when we wash and flush before bed. I guess I jus never heard the wheel spin before.
  8. Ally68

Also When water is running if I listen close the the valve I can hear the thing that counts the gallons spinning in the valve only if I listen close never noticed it before but may have always done it? sound normal? Thanks gary
  9. Ally68

I checked but did not say anything only this "Enhanced electronic demand initiated regeneration" I dont think it is malfunctioning do you? Seems ok other than that. it could be that I just did not see it say recharge tonite but not sure. Could it be a malfunction of another kind? Thanks gary.
  10. Ally68

O/T dryer queston

Not sure if you guys can help or not putting new hoses on washer and want to put new vent tubing on dryer. Here is my problem. my vent is only like 1 foot from my dryer outlet but about 2 inches lower and 6-10 inches to the right. What I have on ther now is a metal acordian style tube about...
  11. Ally68

I have a kenmore demand recharge systems. I have been watching its rechagring. Most times during the day sometime it will say recharge tonite. But sometimes I check it before bed it says nothing then the next morning it has recharged I can tell by the salt usage and sometimes I will wake up...
  12. Ally68

Water softner question 2

thanks gary your help has been apricaited. I will check with my friend to see what he sells I know it is fleck. I will keep this one till it dies(I am a pennypincher). But he said around 900.00 installed with a 10 year warrenty does that sound good he is a friend and i am hoping he is...
  13. Ally68

Water softner question 2

My softner seems to be regenerating fine now have done two manual and one overnite. My question is the water still feels some what hard I mean soap and stuff lathering good but still kind of sticky ya know. I know it is somewhat soft or the soap would not lather good. I am sure it as...
  14. Ally68

water softner question (Gary)

40 gallon but with the hard and soft mixing in heater I thought it might take longer a handy man I asked said sometimes 1 week but that seems a bit long to me?
  15. Ally68

water softner question (Gary)

I know I said last question but this is the last question. Did two good regenerations like you said shower still feels sticky afterward. since I noticed the hard feeling about 1 week ago then noticed no salt usage. that is what prompted me to watch the recycle and realize the problem working...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks