Recent content by alexlacelle

1. alexlacelle

Plumbing laundry tub into nearby waste stack

Yes I think I will add another strap just to be safe.
  2. alexlacelle

Perfect this is exactly what I will do. Thanks!
  3. alexlacelle

There isn’t much room between the sink and the pipe. Also, I can move the sink a little closer so that it covers the majority of the abs. I will definitely be venting this to hopefully prevent any syphoning.
  4. alexlacelle

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to reply. I assume the issues here is that the laundry tub would be draining below the upstairs fixtures? That’s the only issue I know about however I’d love to know if there are other issues here. Realizing it wouldn’t be to code, I could connect a vent...
  5. alexlacelle

It’s the second time I ask for help here with this with no reply. Surely someone out there can provide some input?
  6. alexlacelle

I have a laundry tub in my basement which the previous owners simply let drain into the slab near a drain. I’d like to connect this tub to a waste stack that’s about 2 feet away from the tub, running vertically down into the slab. The waste stack is 4 inches in diameter. The stack I’m...
  7. alexlacelle

Connecting laundry tub to nearby stack

I’m wanting to connect my laundry tub to a nearby main stack. The previous owner simply had a hose running to near a floor drain, however I’d rather plumb this in properly. As you can see in the pictures, the laundry tub is right next to a 4 inch vertical drain pipe. This is the main drain in...
  8. alexlacelle

Washing machine standpipe P-trap below floor

Thanks for your reply. I ended up plumbing it in the “normal” way, with the trap in the room. I couldn’t find any more details on putting the trap in the basement and I didn’t want to take any chances.
  9. alexlacelle

Washing machine standpipe P-trap below floor

I'm located in Ontario Canada and replacing my laundry room standpipe plumbing. I'm told that here I would be allowed to put the P trap below the floor (in my basement as opposed to the main floor laundry room). I tried searching for the rules regarding this but I cant for the life of me find...
  10. alexlacelle

Help fixing standpipe plumbing

I considered this, however the wall is a previous exterior wall and is sitting directly on top of a concrete block foundation wall in the basement. There’s no way to get it running inside the wall without breaking concrete, or putting two short 90 degree bends back to back in the pipe once...
  11. alexlacelle

Interesting. I'll do some more research as leaving the existing trap would save me some work. Doesn't help me keep the vent line hidden though unfortunately since it has to be above the top of the standpipe. Unless maybe I go the minimum height on the standpipe, if it's only 18 inches above...
  12. alexlacelle

Dang so much for my plan to keep it hidden! Thanks for the reply!
  13. alexlacelle

Currently working on a laundry room renovation. I'm located in Ontario Canada. The standpipe is not to code. My trap is under the floor in the basement, and there are two pipes, one of which is used as a standpipe, the other is just open, which I assume someone was using as a makeshift...
  14. alexlacelle

Replacing a tub and tub surround

In hopes of replacing my bathtub and tub surround this coming weekend, I’m hoping to get some tips/advice on doing so. I’ve attached pictures of my current tub. It measures 58 inches long, drywall to drywall, however the lip is buried behind the drywall. My understanding from research is that...
  15. alexlacelle

Plugging a drain line

I've seen these at the local store, however I need something that fits inside the pipe. The store here only carries the ones with a top lip...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks