Recent content by alexjag33

1. alexjag33

Ceiling Trim Problem

Corner Blocks I think that a corner block is going to be the best solution for me.
  2. alexjag33

Ceiling Trim Problem

Raised? The pantry itself meets the ceiling- it's the moulding that I'm having issues with. Raising the pantry wouldn't do any good. There is a sharp rise in the height of the ceiling (along the mould path) about 12 inches before the corner is reached. The ceiling height is pretty...
  3. alexjag33

Ceiling Trim Problem

I have a very noticeable outer corner in a kitchen- this outer corner is on a built-in pantry coming out of the wall. See my crude ascii illustration. This is a top view. ___________ ..........| ..........| Pantry ..........|________ ...................| ...................|...
  4. alexjag33

Furnace Makes Noise on Startup

Hi all. My furnace works OK, but when it starts up, the metal air corridor "expands" and makes a noise like it is inflating. It sounds like a sheet of flexible metal being waved in the wind or something. When the furnace shuts off, I hear a quieter "deflate" noise, similar to the previous...
  5. alexjag33

Remodeling a 70s Kitchen, Tiling Advice

Nope- there is no stove on this countertop. The stove is a separate unit on the other side of the kitchen. The countertop and its backsplash will stay. My goal is not a major remodel- I just need to fix the kitchen up decent enough to sell the house. Doing a tiling job that will only last a...
  6. alexjag33

Remodeling a 70s Kitchen, Tiling Advice

My latest project is remodeling a hideous 70s kitchen. The countertop is relatively new- it is a preformed countertop with a backsplash. This part will stay. The kitchen back wall behind the countertop is a set of hideous wood panels that would be a bear to remove. I thought of just...
  7. alexjag33

My New Bar/Kitchenette

I'm a remodeling novice- this was my first ever kitchen remodel. This is my entertainment bar/kitchenette. It is a porcelain countertop and wall with an oil-rubbed bronze Price-Pfister. The kitchen cabinets have undermount lights. I'll have more pics soon, but there's some tools and stuff I...
  8. alexjag33

Allergens in Upholstery

Throw Away Well, I took the cushion covers off and the cushion foam crumbled onto the floor. This couch has to be at least 40 years old. I immediately threw the covers into the wash, and threw away the foam. I'm going to have to cut new foam shapes for the cushions. Even after washing the...
  9. alexjag33

Allergens in Upholstery

I recently moved some old couches from a relative's house to my basement. Now, I sneeze whenever I get near one of the couches. Is there something I can do to remove the musty smell & allergens from the couch? Is there a spray or something that anyone here can recommend?
  10. alexjag33

Installing suspended ceiling grid

Browns Oh, and by the way, GO BROWNS! :D
  11. alexjag33

Installing suspended ceiling grid

Drywall Um, you might want to drywall first. I've never installed a grid prior to the drywall. The outer tracks for your suspended ceiling should be fastened to drywall, not studs. The rest of your installation steps look OK.
  12. alexjag33

Covering up an ugly basement floor

Problem Solved Looks like the problem has solved itself. The carpeter is now coming on Friday. Yippee.
  13. alexjag33

undermount sink with tile countertop

Undermount There's a book that talks about undermounting a sink with a porcelain countertop. "Tiling Complete" by Schweit and Nicholas. I wanted to do this myself, but couldn't find good radial tile. I did just complete a porcelain countertop though- looks great...
  14. alexjag33

Covering up an ugly basement floor

Can I Save My "New Basement" Party? :( I've been working on my basement for a long time. It is done- well, almost. The carpet has been delayed. Problem is, I planned my "New Basement" party a while ago. The carpet will not get here in time. The concrete basement floor now has 2 years of...
  15. alexjag33

I Don't Trust Compression Fitting Valves

Have you ever put pipe joint compound on the ring itself, Terry?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks