Recent content by AlexanderNY

1. AlexanderNY

Is a TriangleTube Prestige Trimax Excellence PTE 110 the right one of the job?

In the interest of full disclosure, we ended up with the following system: 1. IBC SL 20-115, a high efficiency modulating boiler with outdoor reset control, 2. a 40 Gallon Domestic hot water tank. 3. a 22 Gallon buffer tank. The buffer tank is used to add thermal mass to smaller...
  2. AlexanderNY

Would a 22 Gallon Buffer tank be large enough to prevent short cycling with a boiler with a minimum output of 20K Btuh and 2 mirco zones? zone 1: 34 feet fine tube baseboard. zone 2: 30 feet fine tube baseboard. Regards, AlexanderNY
  3. AlexanderNY

Thanks to all the suggestions on this forum and this particular thread, we now have a heating replacement plan that at least seem to include the right ingredaints: an IBC SL 20-115 MOD/CON Boiler (20k - 115K Btuh), a 33 Gallon buffer tank and an 40 Gallon indirect water tank.
  4. AlexanderNY

Ok, the information from the Home Energy assessment is in. The blower test determined the building shell leakage to be 2816 CFM50. Does this information solidify the choice for TT prestige trimax series 60 solo with an input modulation of 16 to 60K BTU/hr? Regards, Alexander
  5. AlexanderNY

Still talking to various heating professionals. Had the Home Assessment Energy audit in the meantime, found a couple of small airleaks in the basement, but nothing serious. Found one installer that is willing to install the Triangle Tube Prestige 60. As great as that is sizing wise, he did...
  6. AlexanderNY

Still talking to various heating experts. Off course there are lots of opinions out there. One installer claimed that installing an extra buffer thank was very expensive ($1500 to $2000) and was wondering if just a larger expansion thank would do... He also wanted to use the delay-to-fire...
  7. AlexanderNY

Regarding the suggestion for the Burnham ESC3, is there any risk of short cycling if I kept the basenoards on the micro zones?
  8. AlexanderNY

One reason for my interest in a high efficiency mod-con boiler (besides the efficiency) is the fact that they use direct venting. Previous estimates for mid efficiency cast iron boilers came with the notion that we needed a chimney liner. Installing a chimney liner turned out to be expensive in...
  9. AlexanderNY

What companies are selling 2-3 plate mid-efficiency cast iron boilers? Regards, AlexanderNY
  10. AlexanderNY

Reason that I brought up air-sealing and insulation is that several heating contractors are concerned that the TT prestige trimax series 60 (input modulation of 16 to 60K MBH) would not be able to supply enough heat for the whole house.
  11. AlexanderNY

Looking at the TT prestige trimax series, there is the 60 with input modulation of 16 to 60K MBH. The next size up is the trimax solo 110, with input modulation of 30 to 100k MBH I understand that the 110 unit does not modulate low enough given the size/mass of the fine/tube zones, leading to...
  12. AlexanderNY

HIgh Effiency Condesing Boilers: Experienced Installer in Westchester NY?

Getting really tired talking to (well meaning) plumbers that have not enough knowledge or experience installing High Efficiency Condensing Boilers. Typically that want to install something that is way to big for my application. Can anybody recommend somebody in Westchester NY that has...
  13. AlexanderNY

Thanks a lot for all the replies and suggestions. I've gotten much better advice here on this forum then from 95% of the contractors that have put in an estimate for a new system. Just yesterday we had a plumber over would claimed that we should install a 150K BTU gas boiler simply because...
  14. AlexanderNY

O Yeah, getting the TriangleTube Prestige Trimax Excellence PTE 110 installed around here costs about 10.5K. Alexander
  15. AlexanderNY

Two more pieces of information that might be relevant: 1. One big reason that I am attracted to the TriangleTube Prestige Trimax Excellence PTE 110 is the fact that this is a combi unit, supplying both heat and domestic hot water. The direct venting option on the boiler means that we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks