Recent content by Alex_T

1. Alex_T

Did I do this right? Recessed toilet flange....

Thanks Terry. Really appreciate the help!
  2. Alex_T

I do remember the plumber using silicon when installing the spacer. I guess I'll keep a close eye on it. Does that previously installed ring look like it was not thick enough?
  3. Alex_T

Hey everyone, We had our main bathroom renovated 4 years ago. As part of that Reno, the floor was replaced with new tile over 1/2" plywood. I recently noticed damp grout around the toilet, so I removed it to inspect. It looks likes they added a spacer to the toilet flange, and used a single...
  4. Alex_T

PEX to copper drop elbow for hose bib.

Here is how it ended up. Secured hose to garage shelving. Think this should be okay?
  5. Alex_T

My mistake, plumbing is somewhat new to me! I have the drain immediately after the shutoff valve, downhill from the hose bib inside our heated crawl space. Any concern for having the spigot rotating due to using a shark bite? Thanks for all the advice!
  6. Alex_T

I used one of these, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-8-in-x-1-2-in-Copper-PEX-Barb-Stub-Out-90-Degree-Elbow-with-Flange-APXSTUB8WE/301774431 Probably should have used a threaded elbow, too take now I suppose.
  7. Alex_T

Also I should add, I will be installing an anti-siphon vacuum breaker to the faucet. .
  8. Alex_T

Hi everyone, looking for some help in regards to my garage hose bib I am completing. Last year when we were having an extensive renovation done, I decided it would be a good time to install a hose bib into my garage given that our interior walls were down to studs. I installed a copper to PEX...
  9. Alex_T

Tub drain not cut into tub right

will do. Thanks for everyone's advice!
  10. Alex_T

I'll make sure I use some water proofing, thanks for that! Any more input on the drain?
  11. Alex_T

Thanks for all the help everyone. I removed the drain and took another pic. the hole seems pretty well the exact size of the drain. I should mention that the tub has an integrated overflow. The bottom of the tub is flat and looks as though it should be okay. My other question with this tub, is...
  12. Alex_T

So we are remodeling our bathroom, and I came across this tub at a local bath superstore. Turns out they are made specifically for this store. The brand name is Vida. The tub checks all our boxes, and seems very well made and affordable. It showed up today and appears perfect with the exception...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks