Recent content by Al Thumbs

1. Al Thumbs

Replace Toto fill valve BEFORE it fails?

Thanks to all! This forum is a very useful resource. Thank you all for the counsel and education. Al T.
  2. Al Thumbs

Is it worth upgrading to the newer MaxPerformance model? Well to answer my own question, I found the same picture of the cap here: https://terrylove.com/korky/ So I guess it will fit! I learned from that page that the 528 has been replaced with the 528MP, MaxPerformance model. Is it...
  3. Al Thumbs

Is this the right cap? Is this it? Home Despot sells it. Model number is R528CM. Al T.
  4. Al Thumbs

I don't know for sure if it's a Korky, but maybe; the blue top says GMAX and toto, and it says Anti-siphon valve and the number 528, which is the Korky model number. AT
  5. Al Thumbs

No cleaner added. No products of any kind added. I don't feel like 8 years is too short a time for a flapper, but the handle was a poor design and should have lasted longer.
  6. Al Thumbs

Greetings, Plumbing Mavens! I have a Toto Drake #ST743S toilet from 2005, and this year I have had to replace both the flapper, which rotted away, and the flush handle assembly, which failed where the brass rod enters the socket in the handle. My question is: should I replace the flush...
  7. Al Thumbs

Toto Soft Close Repair?

It's not mineral oil I used Gerlando's excellent instructions to open up the hinge on my seat. I don't think it's mineral oil. It is clear, sticky, and thicker than mineral oil. It reminded me of Kayro corn syrup, but thicker still. I used grease to replace the liquid, but it did not work for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks