Recent content by AKRBT

1. AKRBT

10" rough in but still tight

Sorry - I see you did recommend some toilets. If you had your choice for powerful flushing (we don't pay for water consumption where I live) would you recommend a TOTO EcoDrake 1.28, TOTO Drake 1.6, American Standard Cadet 3 Powerwash 1.28, or American Standard Cadet 3 Powerwash 1.6? Thank you
  2. AKRBT

Thanks Terry for your feedback. Do you think they put in the hopper style because of the basement location, i.e. is it really a much more powerful flush? I have heard certain "regular" toilets are better than others at flushing power, even when comparing one non-super-low-flow to another.
  3. AKRBT

weird- the hopper thing almost looks added
  4. AKRBT

It is a Glacier Bay
  5. AKRBT

I have a very tight basement toilet/shower room. The toilet has a 10" rough in (I measured from wall to center of bolts). The toilet is an odd one, when you flush it there is an internal action in the tank that dumps the whole tank's contents at once, in a rocker type action, not anything like...
  6. AKRBT

lots of water dumped ikitchen sink overwhelms drain and backs into clothes washer box

Hi- We are looking at purchasing a 1964 home with lots of "renovations" over the years. The disclosure says that if you dump a very large amount of water in the kitchen sink (5 gallons), it can overflow the clothes washer wall box below... I think they added the laundry below in the most recent...
  7. AKRBT

Is tub faucet cartridge failing or HW heater

I have a 1.5 year old HW heater, a home warranty replacement, it is set to run pretty hot (not scalding).. Over the last six months we have to turn our tub valve more and more to the hot side just to get comfortable shower temps. Sometimes it starts hot but gets cooler as we shower, and you have...
  8. AKRBT

Can I get a P-trap

sure enough- the added on horizontal section in the basemnet that you thought might be kinked- the solder had flaked away and it is loose- you move the vertical that goes into the cabinet up and down (you see it is only held by a thin wire) and the newer copper slides in and out of the older...
  9. AKRBT

Can I get a P-trap

I have a feeling the two abandoned copper pipes (the one under the sink, angled up, and the one in the basement angled down are part of the original kitchen sink drainage, abandoned in some remodel--- the one dripping under the sink was maybe the vent and the other the original drain, but they...
  10. AKRBT

Can I get a P-trap

another note on the slop- in the vertical basement photo (image 0337) the copper drain line solder connection right to the left of the hanging strap also leaks slightly-- it appears somebody tried to add more solder, which is just flaking away.. one more reason get rid of this whole section...
  11. AKRBT

Can I get a P-trap

I added photos some explanation- one photo undersink shows an angled, threaded copper pipe coming out of wall-- that did not drip much the first year and a half we lived here... now it does.. it fills up that tupperware about every three weeks.. I think it is an abandoned vent line that...
  12. AKRBT

Can I get a P-trap

My older house has a S-trap on the kitchen sink-- a really messy one formed by multiple slip-joint fittings-- the bottom of the "S" is actually a 2" straight piece slip fitted in, not a one-piece S.. some of the slip fitting are leaking.. I want to make it right, but cannot get a P-trap in that...
  13. AKRBT

long story to a warranty repair gone bad

I installed a new ISE Badger 9 disposal a week and a half ago. A few days later it was dripping, but not from any connections. It was leaking through the motor and out a body assembly screw- a defective unit. ISE hooked me up with a local appliance repair company for warranty service. I had to...
  14. AKRBT

using a 15amp switch for disposal

how bad is this- I installed a new under sink disposal- the very old switch was dangerously located at hip height by the sink.. so I also relocated it to inside the sink cabinet- no way to get it easily on the wall. This way we feel it is very safe when we soon have a toddler running about...
  15. AKRBT

Electrical Mistakes Video?

very very scary this pretty much reinforces my opinion of home inspectors-- very very scary. In our town they are now forcing us to use them for energy ratings and they are getting very quickly trained- not as scary, but very stupid government. Why is that this training video choose a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks