Recent content by akmacs

1. akmacs

Toto drake install question

Here is the update, tank is touching on all three points, followed the advice here and the toto drake thread and I ultimately had to snug the nuts about as much as they would go. When they touched on the front tabs the tank was almost touching the back tab so I went just a bit more while...
  2. akmacs

Thanks Jim, I was just going to update my post. Upon tightening down the flange bolts a little more than hand tight it took the rocking out completely. Guess it was a flase alarm due to my inexperience. Now I just need to get the tank touching at all three points. I get spooked when it is...
  3. akmacs

Hi, I am trying to install my first toilet. It is a toto drake 1.6 gal round. My closet flange is a sioux metal/abs type and sits on top of a tile floor (it is tight to the floor and secured with 6 screws). When I tested it for level it had a very slight front to back rock which was too small...
  4. akmacs

Integrated supply lines on new faucet

Thanks for the replies, I'm leaning towards taking it back but I'll probably check a local plumbing shop in town and see what they sell there. If I end up finding the same integrated supply lines I will just stick with what I have and cut them pretty short and put on an 1/2" male adapter and go...
  5. akmacs

Integrated supply lines on new faucet

Hi, I purchased a price pfister selia faucet for my kitchen and it has integrated 35" PEX supply lines that seem pretty rigid. They are much considerably longer than I need and I seriously doubt I can bend them as would be needed without kinking them, not too mention the stress they would put...
  6. akmacs

Acrylic Tub Drain Question

I have never installed a acrylic tub (or any other type for that matter) and had a concern about the underside of the tub I purchased. I understand that the drain shoe has a rubber gasket that goes between the shoe flange and the underside of the tub but the tub but wondered if the underside of...
  7. akmacs

Opinions (good/bad) on Laurel Mountain or American Standard Air Tubs

Looks like Laurel Mountain is not well known, or maybe just air tubs in general. I did order a laurel mountain air tub from Lowes. Oddly enough the laurel mountain website does not even show the model I ordered. I'll post some pics when it arrives for anyone else that may consider them in the...
  8. akmacs

Opinions (good/bad) on Laurel Mountain or American Standard Air Tubs

To make a long story short, the 5x32 whirlpool tub I had ordered could not take the in-line heater that the store said it would so I am going to order another model (looking to go with air injectors instead of whirlpool jets) and wondered what the opinions are between the two brands. One...
  9. akmacs

Questions regarding Fernco Fittings

HJ, just a quick thanks, thats gonna do the trick.
  10. akmacs

Gary, do you think carefully cutting away the rubber stop with a razor knife inside the banded coupler would be ok? I need to be able to slide it up to cover the joint, I could mark the pipe with a marker to make sure I have an equal amount of pipe in each end before tightening.
  11. akmacs

Hi Gary, I just fit everything together pre-gluing just to get it at the right length, that is a good tip about the glue allowing the fittings to fit together easier. It is a pain but I have been able to pull the fittings back out. I will using abs, not pvc and I actually bought some extra...
  12. akmacs

Hi again, I am in the process of moving my closet flange for my new toto drake and am reconnecting my waste line and the vent. I need a fernco fitting for the vent line (3" abs to 3" abs) and the connection will be concealed under the subfloor. There is about a quarter inch gap between the...
  13. akmacs

moving closet flange sanitary t or wye?

dcelite and HJ, I will use a wye and not a sanitary tee, does it make a difference if I use a wye/45 with another 45 or a wye/90? Thanks for the help!
  14. akmacs

dcelite, I reread your post again and I think what you are saying is to use the wye and then a 45 also?
  15. akmacs

If I used the sanitary t it would lay on its back. I wondered if that would be ok as I have read a couple threads here that said it violates code in most places. So it would be best to use a fitting like is in the photo below? I think I would need a 90 and not a 45 as my vent is straight up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks