Recent content by AhToilet!

1. AhToilet!

Advice on Flange modification

And then...! I found myself at Lowes for something and swung by the hardware aisle just to see what is there Tapcon wise... a 5/16 perhaps. And then I found this!!!!!! Pic below. This would have totally worked on at least the holes of the repair bracket at the 9 and 3 o'clock. Should I pull...
  2. AhToilet!

Well its on. Thanks for your help Jeff and Reach. I ended up just cleaning the holes, applying epoxy, then anchors and then secured ring. The real test is when I bolted on the toilet. I do believe it failed in the same spot, nut would just never get tight on the left side and I could feel...
  3. AhToilet!

And perhaps Danco's Hydroseat... That seems like it would take care of all my gaps. https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-HydroCap-Sure-Seat-Wax-Ring-Cap-HCP110X/203533626
  4. AhToilet!

Hi Reach. Yes these are the pics of today. I removed the repair bracket because 1) I didn't screw in one hole where the left toilet bolt goes and it bent up and then 2) the other side also removed itself from the anchor. Plus it was quite corroded. The stainless steel screws that I installed...
  5. AhToilet!

And thank you Terry for the reply and this whole site! Yes these toilets are great except I did have two defective bowls with trips to the store. But Toto was more than helpful with the issues.
  6. AhToilet!

Reach! Good morning. Alright so gotta say you were right. Posting some photos of what is going on. As you can see it created a pretty good original seal with maybe a little leaking on the top there but nothing on the tile. Not sure what size that case iron is. Pretty rough regardless and it...
  7. AhToilet!

Ah I think I get it. Siphon jet is that little jet in the center bottom of bowl? So Dynamax was just coming through the rim? Yeah mine has two rim holes and then a hole in the bottom.
  8. AhToilet!

Does dynamax mean the 1.28?
  9. AhToilet!

This what I have. Doesn't say CST but it is a 776. I don't know. I don't see anything about DYNAMAX though.
  10. AhToilet!

Nope I guess 2 1/8" is all that it is.
  11. AhToilet!

Reach you are the best.
  12. AhToilet!

I agree this Repair flange holds the toilet in place no problem. But its the seal that I don't believe it would do a good job with. See like on pic 1611 you can see through the flange bolt hole of toilet. Pretty crazy. Unless this repair flange was FLUSH against a broken original. Also I...
  13. AhToilet!

Ah okay. Yeah now we are connecting. I agree with you that more of an area needs to be present for wax. What you highlighted would make a good seal! I was just about to post some pics of new ring with new toilet to show the thin line. I will get a measurement for down the pipe.
  14. AhToilet!

For example that makes total sense in this application. There is plenty of the old flange to create a seal of wax. My thing is mine is hovering almost over an open void.
  15. AhToilet!

Hey Reach. Whoa sometimes these forums can be a challenge because of writing versus talking and in person. Now I am confused. I know the basics of a toilet/ring application. I was stating that the Repair Metal Ring has such a slim surface area near the bolts for wax to catch. And it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks