Recent content by ADRamsey

1. A

Please help -- culligan water softener problem

We have a culligan mark 89 water conditioner that's about 10 years old and has always worked perfectly, until now. The last time we added salt, things just stopped. The unit seems to cycle (humming noise, water goes out the drain and into the brine tank) but the water is horrible. We have...
  2. A

fiberglass tub vs steel

Thanks for the advice. The old tub went out this weekend -- cast iron and my shoulder is still killing me -- and the new tub went in. We did go with a steel tub and we supported the bottom. The tub is level! The leak we'd had must have been fairly old, since the floor underneath was dry, but...
  3. A

fiberglass tub vs steel

The problem with the first tub was that it was used and someone had drilled holes in the lip above the tub rim. Also, there is a place at each corner where the lip is cut on a bias and it comes down almost to the level of the tub's rim. The first tub was off level -- the whole house was off...
  4. A

fiberglass tub vs steel

My husband and I are remodeling a 1972 ranch style home and we are getting ready to tear into the bathroom. We are replacing all the fixtures including the tub, and we've found that there was at some point a severe leak between the fiberglass surround and the top of the tub. The floor has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks