Recent content by Adolphus

1. Adolphus

Michigan well replacement troubles

Thanks again for the info Cary.
  2. Adolphus

Received it and set it aside for the holiday :D Hope you all had a great one. Is there any problem with installing a spin down sediment filter before the CSV? It will be installed inside. I have a pump that runs on a humidifier/dehumidifier all the time and the basement is not what you would...
  3. Adolphus

Will keep you posted. Thanks to all and thanks for this priceless forum. You guys kept me going through a project I thought was not possible for me to DIY.
  4. Adolphus

I just got my CSV125-1 Cycle Stop Valve60 psi. My new 1hp pump installation is working perfect but when I exceed my pressure tank volume which is measly, the pump cycles for only about 10 secs. Then, I get a surge, then diminishing pressure down to 50. My pressure switch is set at 52-72 My...
  5. Adolphus

When I thought my pressure tank was ruptured, the research I came upon made me almost throw up. The stagnant water and the contact with the material of the bladder, is crazy. Really a CSV is the way to go if you want constant pressure. I wish they made a 70#. I have good pressure, my plants...
  6. Adolphus

Ok, I understand where it goes. I'll check dimensions on the one I'm buying and see if I can move the top pipe away from the wall or I may be better off adding it when I start the update down here. Either way, thanks tons for the help! Update, I set the pressure tank to 48 and it's now running...
  7. Adolphus

Hey Cary, Haha, no problem, I'm sure she'll be grateful when all this is finished. So the pressure tank is good, I found it at 37.5 with a depressurized system, pretty much what I left it as, when I replaced the pressure switch last year minus a little bit, because I've been testing it for...
  8. Adolphus

Alright, I just gave my wife an earful and she's gonna cough up the CSV125-3 60. Just saw you got free shipping in US. Done. I'll get off my proverbial, depressurize the system and take a reading on an empty pressure tank. (to make sure bladder is not busted) back in a few.
  9. Adolphus

Busted bladder in water tank???

This information regarding softening agents in plastics is regrettably, true.
  10. Adolphus

Is there a check valve built into my pressure tank?
  11. Adolphus

Hi Cary thanks for your post. Well, let me catch you up on this well. After testing the pump and building the pole stack, I lowered the pump, to find out that my pump, which is a bit longer than the 1/2 hp, hit bottom .8" short of my support bar :( I thought, just bury it in the silt, however...
  12. Adolphus

Hey Cary went and checked out the animation in your website, I couldn't make it clear in my mind how it would work and I actually thought we could end up with less pressure than we had. Now I understand exactly how a CSV works by just limiting the flow to a preset PSI. I will most definitely...
  13. Adolphus

Hey Cary, thanks for your advice, I understand, they're probably covering their bases for people who use it as a pressurized system or for irrigation. So I will install a check, but not weeps! Regarding the cycle stop valve. I just don't have another $200 this month. I will plan to add one...
  14. Adolphus

The new pump has a label that states that it has an internal check valve with a weep and mandate an external one. Also it reads, it may need a 1/8" weep hole in the external check valve pump side. What are your thoughts to this regard.
  15. Adolphus

Hi Valveman, Thanks for taking the time to warn me! There is already a pressure tank installed, quite big and I always considered it overkill for the pressure we got since we got this place 3.5 years ago. It has never been higher than 50-52. Even then, we watered half acre of vegetables and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks