Recent content by Addison

1. Addison

Furnace Echo Noise

Blower wheel and motor have been taken apart and inspected. Both were very clean with no signs of warping or damage.
  2. Addison

Furnace Echo Noise

check all registers and they are all open as well and clear returns. Changed filter 3x since noticing the echoing as well as tested with the filter removed. Yielded the same results.
  3. Addison

Furnace Echo Noise

Im a bit confused as well. I find it strange that i never heard it when we moved in 7+ years ago either. I would think if it was due to air buffering, it would have always occurred. However, i find it strange as well that it doesnt occur when the Fan is turned to circulate or on.
  4. Addison

Furnace Echo Noise

Make: Carrier Model: 58STA090 not to sure in the serial; I didn’t not see it any of the labels.
  5. Addison

Furnace Echo Noise

Hi all. Im not a pro by any means, but a pretty handy DIY guy. Over the last year, i noticed my furnace making a strange sound when running. The sound (tough to explain) sounds similar to a "wub, wub, wub" sound. Also most like an echoing/pulsating sound. I took apart the blower wheel, make...
  6. Addison

Junction/Electrical Box issue and help!!

@Meli rerouting the electrical i dont believe would work well in this situation. there is absolutely no easy way to do it as the source coming in is burried completely between the addition. with it stapled along the run, and i am sure that the wiring was pulled just long enough for that...
  7. Addison

That is so true. Im wishing i wouldnt have asked first lol!
  8. Addison

@Stuff i would do that myself; but my wife wont allow for a blank cover by any means lol. Thats why i am thinking it may be best to just put up a smoke detector there.
  9. Addison

Hi All! Back again for some input/guidance. So i ran into a slight dilemma this weekend when i removed a kitchen ceiling fan, and added 2 lights over our island. The ceiling fan was controlled by two 3way switches; the fan was in a terrible spot above the gas stove, and was useless. I wanted...
  10. Addison

Permanently Remove Light Fixture and both 3 way lights

I completely mistyped and meant 12/3.
  11. Addison

I just took the faceplates off of both the 3way switches. Both only have 1 set of 12/3 which appear to be coming into the box and wired directly to the switch. There are no wire nuts or pigtails of any sorts. That said, the source of the power must be coming into the fixture itself correct? I...
  12. Addison

I will try and post some pictures ASAP. The current layout has 1 light above the kitchen sink, a separate ceiling fan controlled by a 3 way switch, and another light controlled by a 3 way switch. My wife wants 2 new lights above our kitchen island, and removal of the ceiling fan as it is not...
  13. Addison

Thanks @WorthFlorida for the assistance! I understand the potentials when working with electrical. I am not new to working with electrical and was looking for additional input and guidance. Ive researched quite a bit and am familiar with the multiple ways a 3 way switch could be wired and am...
  14. Addison

I believe i know the switch that the power comes in from-then to the fixture; i can easily do that with the method you suggested; i have a voltmeter so that is no problem at all. Once i know the power source wire coming into the switch, how would i terminate the switch wiring and the wiring at...
  15. Addison

Good Morning all, I need some advice/assistance from all the professionals on here. I am getting ready to redo my kitchen and currently have a ceiling fixture/light that is controlled by 2 3way switches that will no longer be of use. My thought is i want to completely eliminate that fixutre...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks