Recent content by ActionDave

1. ActionDave

No neutral at light fixture?

There is a neutral in there. For wiring that old it may not be easy to find.
  2. ActionDave

Wiring a double oven.

You can buy reducing washers. I think big orange has them.
  3. ActionDave

Quad breaker in 42 space box?

Nope. The buss will not accept the breaker. There is nothing wrong with pigtailing two lightly loaded homeruns together and putting them on one breaker to free up a space, or in you case a Homeline breaker is listed for two wires of the same guage.
  4. ActionDave

Wiring a double oven.

I would be surprised if it was #4 unless it's aluminium. If it is copper it's most likely #6. They make big blue wire nuts to connect wire that size. The cook top should have a breaker size for you in the manual.
  5. ActionDave

Garage sub panel wiring

OOOPS! I forgot you can't run two circuits. I was trying to stay away from MWBC. You should have given me a dope slap.
  6. ActionDave

Garage sub panel wiring

Just run two circuits on 20A single pole breakers with 12AWG wires.
  7. ActionDave

New basement electrical circuit

That's what I would do too. For the top of the conduit a plastic bushing or a connector or coupling works fine.
  8. ActionDave

Wiring a double oven.

Electric oven or gas?
  9. ActionDave

New siding, lost power to 2nd floor

You have at least eighty year old wire inside the walls of your house and you spent all your money on siding for the outside of the wall...........sigh. The 4-25V on the lights is meaningless. It is a by-product of the sensitive electronics of a digital meter. Reach4 has a similar technique...
  10. ActionDave

2 wire to a 3 wire outlet

Yes, it is. But by the time you go through the effort you might as well pull a new romex, or just use GFCI protection on the existing circuit.
  11. ActionDave

Garage door grounded?

Sounds like it might be old BX wiring which had a metal sheath. Might be rusted up or a bad connection along the circuit.
  12. ActionDave

LG LMU369HV

If what you mean by a 30 amp #10 circuit is 10AWG wire tied to a 30A breaker then you would be using bigger wire than what is needed and/or required tied to a breaker that is too big. Too big of a wire size is a waste of money. Not a big deal. Too big of a breaker. That is a bigger problem.
  13. ActionDave

Boat Dock Electrical Issue

I agree with Stuff.
  14. ActionDave

Mobile home electrical issue.

Because it's a very bad connection. You have enough juice to make your voltmeter work but if you try and do as little as make one Christmas light work you got nothing.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks