Recent content by acr_scout

1. acr_scout

Dryer feed, how far is too far?

Hello, I am considering moving my laundry from the basement to the living level. (Gotta keep the wife happy). I have two questions 1) How far is too far to run 10/3 cable? It looks like I will need about 70' to get from the box to the new dryer point. 2) If the distance is not too...
  2. acr_scout

looking for info on laundry room floor drain

Thank you for your input. Will the floor drain need to be plumbed all the way back to the main drain by itself or can it be run into the drain for the washing machine? The run back to the main drain is about 40 linear feet and at a 1/4" per foot that is a big drop. Any comments?
  3. acr_scout

looking for info on laundry room floor drain

I guess this is a two part question. The first, the local code does not require a floor drain in the laundry but being paranoid as I am I want a floor drain. What are some of the pros and cons of a floor drain. The second, if a floor drain must have a P-trap for sewer gases how do you keep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks