Recent content by Acordeon

1. Acordeon

Heat Gun Fail w/ Pex A?

Thanks. Dang, I thought all Pex A was basically the same.. If you were me would you assume it needs to be replaced?
  2. Acordeon

Heat Gun Fail w/ Pex A?

I'm using Pex A for a project (this: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/pex-a-conection-to-hose-sillcock.104817/) and I ended up putting a kink in it. I have heard that you can unkink pex A by heating it. Watched this video to confirm how to do it: Tried it w/ a hair dryer, got...
  3. Acordeon

pex A conection to hose sillcock

Ah, great. Can I ask how long you've had those installed? I didn't know it was a thing to use both dope AND tape. I assume you apply tape first, then dope?
  4. Acordeon

Ah, didn't realize you could crimp pex A! I assume you think that would be more secure than using the threaded adapter. I rented an expansion tool but don't have a crimper, so it would be a bit of a bummer. But want to do it right.
  5. Acordeon

I want to replace a busted copper pipe feeding a hose bib with pex A feeding a new freeze-resistant sillcock. Goal is better freeze resistance in the whole line. The problem is that none of my local stores carry sillcocks with a pex A (expansion-type) fitting on the end, only ones made for pex...
  6. Acordeon

PEX/copper push fitting good enough for garage hose bib line?

Thanks Terry! So you mean like this guy here? https://www.lowes.com/pd/SharkBite-1-2-in-Push-to-Connect-x-1-2-in-Push-to-Connect-dia-Coupling-Push-Fitting/1000182685 Or is there a higher quality version of this out there? I do notice that it says Minimum Working Temperature = 33 deg F. Does...
  7. Acordeon

PEX/copper push fitting good enough for garage hose bib line?

We've got a line that runs in the wall of our garage to a hose bib at the front of the garage. It's a copper line and has a ball valve close to the start of the run. This winter the pipe burst during very cold weather, and I want to replace the run (just downstream of the valve) with PEX...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks