Recent content by Achutch

1. Achutch

1949 Eljer? toilet in need of lift rods/tank ball - with pictures!

Eljer Sylenta It's great to see one of my videos on this forum. After cleaning as much of the staining as I could inside the tank and making sure the china flush valve seat was clean, I installed a regular tank ball and lower lift wire, and an authentic Eljer handle (any generic will do, but I...
  2. Achutch

Toilet Brand?

At Home: Full bath = Toto Drake Comfort Height 1.6 gpf. Half bath = Toto Eco Drake Comfort Height 1.28 gpf, both excellent performers! Water and sewer rates are rising due to sewer plant upgrades and new water meters. The Toto toilets and the LG front loading washer are a necessity to keep...
  3. Achutch

Falcon's Waterless Urinals

My first experience with a waterless urinal Yesterday while out shopping, we went to lunch in a fairly new restaurant. While there, I went to the men's room. Here are my observations: The restroom looked new, and offered antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer. There was one of the new...
  4. Achutch

American Standard Cadet 3 Blue Ring Staining

Same thing happened to me over 3 years ago when I put a Cadet 3 in my half bath. It was the second bowl to be brought back to the store because it was defective. The first had a projection in the bottom that wasn't trimmed out, so the bowl rocked. The second bowl had the blue stain covering a...
  5. Achutch

Let me try this link here...

Let me try this link here. [URL="http://cgi.****.com/Eljer-pink-155-toilet-tank-5140-lid-3-5-gallon-retro-/370060157500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56294de23c#ht_562wt_905"[/URL] Does this look like the toilet you described in your first note? As you see it has the same tank as mine...
  6. Achutch

1950's Eljer Toilet Tank Wires Question

When I bought that toilet back in 1998, the screw that held the guide to to the china bump out was broken. I replaced it with a brass screw, washer, and nut from a hardware store. There was a nasty foam liner in the tank that I removed, and the remnants of the adhesive is what makes the inside...
  7. Achutch

Litter box for cats. How to keep it from smelling.

This week's box change This morning, I did the weekly litter box change. The litter was changed a week ago Thursday evening with 1/2 scoop of Bio-Clean in the bottom and 1/2 scoop on top of the fresh litter. It has been warm and humid, plus the bottom of the plastic liner had been shredded by...
  8. Achutch

I'm glad you were able to find the cat's family. It was also a great thing that you took it in and kept it safe.
  9. Achutch

I changed the litter box last night before we headed out for the weekend. This batch had the Bio-Clean mixed in it. With nearly 7 days on it, and in the warm humid weather, while it was not 100% odor free, it wasn't as bad as before using the Bio-Clean. Terry, how much Bio-Clean did you use...
  10. Achutch

Terry, The Bio-Clean arrived a couple days ago. I have just changed (and cleaned) the litter box. The box is lined with a lawn and leaf bag to make it easier to change. After the old litter and bag is removed, the pan is sprayed with Odo-Ban, wiped dry. I put 1 tablespoon of Bio-Clean at...
  11. Achutch

Why can't humans learn from this

That is adorable!!!!!
  12. Achutch

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Thank you, Steve603! I hope my experience and photos, plus the experiences of others who wasted time and money on a product that should have never made to the shelves, will help others to not make the same mistake. As you read, I wasn't even willing to give American Standard a second chance...
  13. Achutch

Problems Launching Terry's Forums

He is at that!
  14. Achutch

As of this morning, the problem I had accessing the forums without having to log on has been resolved with the arrival of Terry's new home page.
  15. Achutch

Hello DonL,I'm using Google Chrome. I like how I can sync the bookmarks between the two computers. I have the desktop at home and a laptop at camp. At camp, I have a phone and DSL, and use a generator for electricity. This problem accessing the forum and being required to log on started just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks