Recent content by 69gtocv

1. 69gtocv

Venting shower

Oh, I see what you are saying, stack the santee on top of the low heel. I'd only need a very short piece of pipe to connect the two. I might have enough room to do that since my shower drain outlet is going to be fairly close to the end of the shower pan which means it won't take but maybe a...
  2. 69gtocv

Venting shower

Terry, you are absolutely correct on running the bathroom group past the shower. I feel stupid I missed that. Besides venting a toilet, are there any other uses where you could vent with that low heel ? Thanks, Jeff
  3. 69gtocv

Venting shower

Tom, thanks for your imput. I actually had mocked up almost the exact thing you are describing but was hoping to avoid joining the two drain lines in the vertical wet wall as it's going to get tight in there between the two studs plus having to fit a shower valve in that space as well. It just...
  4. 69gtocv

HJ, could you please look at this thread for me. Thanks, Jeff...

HJ, could you please look at this thread for me. Thanks, Jeff http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?37972-venting-shower
  5. 69gtocv

Venting shower

Just wondering. Is it because I have that fitting laying flat in the picture that is causing the problem, because it will actually be standing up vertical, vent coming off the top, not the side, or does that still not count? I just didn't take the picture with it in it's correct vertical position.
  6. 69gtocv

Venting shower

Well, now I'm really confused. Here is a quote from Terry on another thread about the heel 90's " They only make the Santee bend in the lo-heel, which is what is always used for venting. It it was a shower or lav, it would have to be a santee bend going from horizontal to vertical. "...
  7. 69gtocv

Venting shower

I'm trying to vent my shower and came up with this mock-up. This will be between the floor joists separating the first and second floors. The 3" straight waste line on the right is coming from the second floor bathroom group and is already vented. The shower will also be on the second floor but...
  8. 69gtocv

Toilet vent

Wally, I didn't describe what I was trying to do very well, that 90 w/heel will be used in the vertical position, what I was wondering about was if a long sweep 90 could have been used instead of the 90 w/heel, turning it vertical and running the vent off the top part of the straight portion of...
  9. 69gtocv

Toilet vent

Thanks, I will go with the regular sweep with the low heel 90 then. I knew there was the issue with horizontal to vertical or vice versa, I just couldn't remember it at the box store and the employee was of no help
  10. 69gtocv

tub fill faucet on a vertical wall

Jim, I take it a longer spout is an option on a standard tub faucet then? I'll have to do some research. I haven't started my supply lines yet but am probably going with a Pex based manifold and doing a home run layout. Looking at the Manabloc instructions, they sugguest using a 1/2" manifold...
  11. 69gtocv

tub fill faucet on a vertical wall

As the title indicates, I'm putting in a jacuzzi tub and would like to have the faucet come from a vertical wall next to the tub and fill the tub that way instead of having it mounted to the flat tub flange or the platform next to it. Do they make such a faucet, didn't see any at the box stores...
  12. 69gtocv

Toilet vent

I think I know the answer to this but I thought I'd ask anyway. Having problems finding a long sweep 90 w/low heel inlet 3x3x2 locally. I'm wanting to use this to transition from horizontal toilet drain to vertical toilet drain and use the low heel part for the toilet vent. There are plenty of...
  13. 69gtocv

critical distances, UPC

Thank you. I was concerned I had to count the distance back to where the vertical comes down as well. I'll be fine now.
  14. 69gtocv

critical distances, UPC

Thanks, I'm aware of the actual maximum dimensions, my question was whether the lines marked in red in my drawing were where you actually took the measurements from (the horizontal lines only) or do you also have to add the vertical measurement from horizontal until the vent actually takes off...
  15. 69gtocv

critical distances, UPC

As the title says, looking for info on what is actually measured to determine those. Check out the drawing. Also, UPC is used where I'm building this house. My drain line to the septic tank from the house is 4". I know my total cross sections of all my vents must equal or exceed that of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks