Recent content by 67stang

1. 67stang

Loud - gurgling - bathroom sink drain

Nate This crossed my mind. In fact, I initially set out trying to install a 1 1/4" trap kit, but the stuff is so flimsy, so many joints with plastic insert seals. And I could not get a good coupling with the 1 1/2" ABS drain inlet in the wall. So I switched to 1 1/2" abs for as far as I...
  2. 67stang

David What are these elusive "other things" i can try? :cool: thanks
  3. 67stang

David I agree with your statement that the noise is due to turbulent flow of water. But I don't understand your idea of pushing the p-trap lower. It seems contrary to the previous recommendations of having it as close to under the sink as possible - e.g. reduce the tail pipe length. The sink...
  4. 67stang

gurgle movie! ok is this normal??? here is a movie with the sound I am referring too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIyaks3iWsk Thanks
  5. 67stang

David Not sure I understand... isn't the tail piece the white piece?
  6. 67stang

redwood i figure 14" from sink to water in P. tub drain - i poured a half gallon down it yesterday. thanks
  7. 67stang

okay here is a pic. I exaggerated, the tail pipe is only 12" to the P. So, looking at this pic, any major flaws that would cause the massive gurgling?
  8. 67stang

Redwood are you saying it is better to have the shortest drop possible to the P, and then put any long drops after the P and to the drain? I could probably plumb it that way and get the P way up there, but would end up with an ABS drop down to the drain of maybe 15" (again, need to confirm...
  9. 67stang

Herk It's not a joke. The walls weren't exactly tore off...that area was a closet and a shower stall that was removed - walls were open. Since we didn't have the exact vanity and sink dimensions known when the plumbing work was done, the drain was placed in a fairly standard proximity to the...
  10. 67stang

Update: Movie! Loud - gurgling - bathroom sink drain Hey there, First time post. Great forum you have here. I am in the process of a bathroom remodel. Vanity/sink are done. We moved the location and therefore tied into the combo vent and drain which serves the shower. For what its worth...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks