Recent content by 5shot

1. 5shot

Return Air Venting Question

Thanks - much appreciated.
  2. 5shot

I can't access most of the ducting due to all the ceilings being finished (unless I demo a bunch of the basement ceilings). Are there dampers that can be dropped into the ducting from the register openings? Are you refering to just the return air registers? Both upstairs and down? For...
  3. 5shot

Yes, the cooling coil is right above the furnace.
  4. 5shot

The one return in the basement is ducted into the main return air ductwork. I can run ductwork from one bedroom and a hallway directly into the main return duct on the AHU, and I can tie one of the downstairs bedrooms into the upstairs return duct. I don't mind having to adjust registers...
  5. 5shot

We have one thermostat upstairs. It is a split level with an upstairs and a basement. I was going to duct from the ceiling of the closet into the stud wall, then put the register on the wall of the bedroom, adjacent to the closet, not in the closet itself. The closet would have given me...
  6. 5shot

I know that I will have to adjust registers in the dieffernt seasons, but I know that there is not enough return air from the basement. I will look into the analysis that you recommend. Thanks
  7. 5shot

In our home, the previous homeowners finished the basement, but only put one cold air return in (on the ceiling no less). I can get to the return air duct, for the upstairs bedrooms, in the ceiling of one of the downstairs closets. I can tie into this duct in the closet, and run it down...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks