Recent content by 4x15mph

1. 4x15mph

Hot water, sooner

Help on location of recirc valve Bump for quick assistance. Thank you
  2. 4x15mph

Hot water, sooner

I see under reviews of a comparable, Watts recirculation unit (home depot), that this may not work in a house that has single lever type faucets. Is this a potential problem since I have several of these. Also, should I order the Grundfos or will I do okay going with a box store brand (i.e...
  3. 4x15mph

Hot water, sooner

Okay, HJ - looks great and I will go with the grundfos comfort. My main reason for getting this is the kitchen sink so should I put the return valve at that sink or should I be putting this valve at the furthest run (i.e. upstairs bathroom sink)? Would locating it upstairs result in the same...
  4. 4x15mph

Hot water, sooner

Thanks HJ, I will look at those recommendations.
  5. 4x15mph

Hot water, sooner

Our kitchen sink takes forever to get hot water to the faucet when other appliances or showers have not been running. I started searching around to find some options to resolve this but I didn't come across anything that seem overwhelmingly positive or without drawbacks. How can I fix...
  6. 4x15mph

Kenmore in door water despenser

I have had the same problem with a GE refrigerator. As it turns out the freezing water line is a common issue so when the appliance repair person showed up, they installed a small heater on the board to prevent this. This worked great for about 5 years but the problem is back. I researched...
  7. 4x15mph

Difficulty factor? Sweating pipes

Update: I used shark bite for the coupler and then I used a product by brasscraft for the stop valves. They don't require soldering and they just snap on. Wow - so far so good and I do know that this will not be the most popular approach from a plumber trade standpoint. They were more...
  8. 4x15mph

Excellent information and this is exactly what I needed to hear. I will start with some practice and then I will tackle this. Thank you all for your responses
  9. 4x15mph

I am close to finishing a bathroom remodel and it is time to put in the vanity. the water supply lines for the sink are too short and need to be lengthened to come through the floor of the vanity. I am tempted to pull off the old water supply valves (4"?) and sweat in a new piece of copper...
  10. 4x15mph

replacing flange

The plumber used an inside cutter and put in a coupler. He then has a plastic, 1-piece flange that he is going to come back and install over the tile floor that I installed. My Toto ultramax arrived and will then be installed by the plumber since I want him to own the flange work that he did...
  11. 4x15mph

replacing flange

Unfortunately, the split flange that I will not work since the diameter of the replacement is larger than the lip of the pipe. There would be play and it is my understanding is that the flange holds the toilet as well as holds the pipe to the toilet. I am installing backerboard and Tile...
  12. 4x15mph

replacing flange

Following are the pics of what I have to work with. The first is the flange with the metal ring detached. The second picture is showing the 2 piece replacement ring which is too large. What options do I have? Thank you!
  13. 4x15mph

replacing flange

I am in the process of changing out a toilet. The current flange is rusted and it is a metal ring around a 3" pvc drain pipe. I was going to go with a 2 piece replacement that I thought could wrap around what I have. The replacement 2 piece is too large a diameter for what I have. I...
  14. 4x15mph

Confused: Ultramax vs. Drake

Marjorie, I know what I will do. Ultramax. Terry, thank you. Great information I really don't understand why all toilets wouldn't be 1 piece. It just seems to make a lot of sense.
  15. 4x15mph

Confused: Ultramax vs. Drake

I am also confused about these 2 choices. Add to that the fact that the Drake was selected by consumersearch.org as 1 of the top 3 toilets. On the other hand, I would like the convenience of a 1 piece design. I read that the ultramax has some additional installation that is required that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks