Recent content by 4lane

1. 4lane

Is there a fitting to extend hydronic radiator piping?

I'm going to give these a shot. I wish I could find some in varying lengths but maybe these will give me just enough.
  2. 4lane

I did find some general brass 3/4" NPT female 3/4" NPT male adapters but they only have a working pressure of 150 psi. Will that work?
  3. 4lane

Yes, this is just what I was looking for, but I haven't found anything for 3/4", let alone different sizes. Do you have a specific source online for something like this?
  4. 4lane

Hi! I have cast iron radiators fed by (I believe) 3/4" copper piping. Piping was put in before the floor tile was completed. After I completed the tile, the piping is now short about 1" or less. What kind of fitting would be best to close up this spacing? I'm thinking some male/female adapter...
  5. 4lane

Well pump sometimes running at lower capacity - why?

Yes I’m aware of the potential. But, this is a weekend house that gets minimal water usage. There have been no pressure changes in the house to date. So I’m hopeful the pump is ok and it’s restricted to a capacitor issue.
  6. 4lane

Thanks so much for your insight. I’ll head in this direction tomorrow.
  7. 4lane

I took the capacitor out. Looks like it's leaking a little electrolyte from one area. A good indication why the pump is on faintly intermittently, and other times pumping normally?
  8. 4lane

I tested the capacitor, which checked out fine. But I'm not able to check it's full health (via microfarad test). I also tested continuity on the relay triac and coil. Triac showed infinity resistance, while the coil showed continuity. So, all good there. Sounds like I should just throw in a...
  9. 4lane

Yes! Here it is! Can I test the capacitor somehow?
  10. 4lane

A control box? No. The only thing between the pressure regulator and the pump itself is the pump's electrical box.
  11. 4lane

The other day I had a sprinkler on and watched as the pressure went down till it stopped. The pressure dropped to 20psi when the cut-in is set to 40psi. After an hour or so, the pressure tank was back up to 55psi. So, I put on a faucet and watched as it hit 40psi, I could hear the pump come on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks