Recent content by 1320ms

1. 1320ms

Black crud (iron?) in water lines

Recently noticed diminished water pressure from a couple faucets, upon pulling the aerators off they spit out a ton of black iron particles. Water is supplied from a well on the property, which I know nothing about. But my first thought (for the source) was the ancient water heater system...
  2. 1320ms

Strengthening up ceiling rafters in garage

Doing some work in my detached 2car garage, the current ceiling construction is 2x4 rafters spaced 24" oc The garage is roughly 22ft x 26ft (wall with garage door is 22ft across) Previous owner put some 15/32 OSB up in the rafters for storage, I've got a few things up there but I'm hesitant to...
  3. 1320ms

Toilet Flange spacers

I've got a 2nd floor bathroom I'm remodeling where it was necessary to add a second layer of subfloor to reinforce the floor for tile, the contractor simply put the 2nd layer down around the existing toilet flange. I asked him about this, as with tile the toilet flange will sit about an inch...
  4. 1320ms

Shady electrical work?

It's all been fixed, friend of mine (who happens to be an electrician) made some time to come over and clean the mess up. The wires in the square box were 1) wire from light switch 2) wire to lights 3) wire running to wall opposite the switch for power. Ran a new wire from the power source to...
  5. 1320ms

Shady electrical work?

Jim - up in Frederick County Had a talk with the guy today, he's not touching anything else on this house
  6. 1320ms

Shady electrical work?

nukeman - the white wire connecting to the yellow is 12/2, the 14/2 is also white Jim Port - Thats the issue, the splices would not remain accessible, I told him I wanted to avoid having a bunch of blank plates on the ceiling... I was planning on drywalling over all of this and it looks like...
  7. 1320ms

Shady electrical work?

there is no 12/2 14/2 mixing going on, the 12/2 splice is all 12/2 wire. Not sure whats going on with the junctions, or if he plans on leaving it that way.. what is the correct way of doing that? He will be back tomorrow, want to make sure its all done right
  8. 1320ms

Shady electrical work?

deleted old thread
  9. 1320ms

1.5" or 2" nails for hardwood install? Or staples?

So then, nails or staples?
  10. 1320ms

Through the tongue at 45, again, figuring out if I'm going to staple or nail, so I'll either be using a bostitch MIIIFN or MIIIFS
  11. 1320ms

Installing 3/4" solid wood hardwood flooring over 1/8" DreamHome insulayment onto 23/32nd OSB subfloor My guy at the flooring company tells me for solid wood to use nails, he wasnt sure what size though Reading online other people say staples have a stronger hold If I nail it, I've...
  12. 1320ms

Replacing subfloors, lots of questions

Finally getting around to doing this job.. I was a little tired when I wrote my previous post, I said particle board, I meant to say OSB, 23/32nd OSB is what was used throughout the house, 24/32nd is obviously 3/4 inch, this is just 1/32 under that.. I'm using a rotozip w/wood cutting wheel to...
  13. 1320ms

Replacing subfloors, lots of questions

I'm in the middle of remodeling a house. After ripping up carpets, hardwood, and laminate floors throughout the house, i see quite a few areas where the subfloor needs repair (I expected this).. The current subfloor is 21/32" particle board, the house is about 17 years old and was very, very...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks