Question on ELMWOOD thermal switch on Honeywell water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjch512

Reaction score
The ELMWOOD thermal switch was broken on our Honeywell waterheater. We use black tape to hold it for now. Please see photos below. Can someone please let me know

(1) Is the copper hex nut (pointed by red arrow) used to hold the thermal switch? Google doesn't show ELMWOOD thermal switch uses hex nut to hold it.
(2) I couldn't find where to buy exast ELMWOOD thermal switch. Any suggestions where I can find it?

The sticker on water heater shows:

MODEL NUMBER: GS650HBRT 301
GAS TYPE: PROPANE
CAPACITY: 50.0

Thanks & regards.

1.JPG
2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It may be a part that can not be sourced since it is part of an assemble for safety reasons, liability, etc.

Bjch512

Reaction score

Bjch512

Reaction score
I removed the thermal switch from water heater. It has a 4" probe attached to it. Please see pic below. The part number on this ELMWOOD thermal switch is not very clear. It looks like "2450CMG7759-3 L450 N1121". I googl it but couldn't find. Anyone knows this is correct part #?

I found a similar thermal switch from eBay below. I can order it with different temp range from 125-140F to 195-210F. Which temp range is right for Honeywell water heater?

Thanks & regards.
broken-thermal-switch.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Fitter30

Reaction score
That sensor is in the burner compartment. The L450 in the number is more than likely L for limit 450 for 450°. Shoot that electronics company a email with the pics. They must be using it for a roll out switch a safety for if the burner would be burning with a down draft from the flue.

Bjch512

Reaction score
That sensor is in the burner compartment. The L450 in the number is more than likely L for limit 450 for 450°. Shoot that electronics company a email with the pics. They must be using it for a roll out switch a safety for if the burner would be burning with a down draft from the flue.
Thanks for your suggestion. I found the webpage below. Does it look right?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks