Basement Rough-in Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

GLG

Reaction score
I have a 3" PVC pipe (toilet rough-in-see pic) and a 2" PVC pipe sticking out from unfinished basement concrete floor for bathroom. I do not want to put a bathroom in that location. How do I get rid of those PVC pipes and concrete over? Are there plugs to glue into the pipes to make flush with the floor without concrete.
Thank you.
GLG

Toilet Rough-in Pipe.JPG

Last edited:

Jdrive

Reaction score
I have a 3" PVC pipe (toilet rough-in-see pic) and a 2" PVC pipe sticking out from unfinished basement concrete floor for bathroom. I do not want to put a bathroom in that location. How do I get rid of those PVC pipes and concrete over? Are there plugs to glue into the pipes to make flush with the floor without concrete.
Thank you.
GLG

You would need to use an inside PVC pipe cutter like this:

And then plug it with an end cap like this:

Then concrete over top if you want (though that is quite a permanent solution).

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In order to make a permanent cap you need one that glues over the outside diameter of the pipe itself. Since the concrete was poured directly up to the pipe, you're going to need to chip away some of the concrete to get at least enough pipe exposed and cleaned to cut the pipe and glue a cap. Depending how you intend to finish the floor, you might need to go deep enough to get a decent amount of concrete over the top of the pipe.

Dungeoness

Reaction score
Related Question: can you cap these flush so they can still be used in the future? We have them in a place we are currently using for seating and it is awkward to work around and a trip hazard. The bathroom may or may not ever be put in but we want to leave that option open. Thanks!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Related Question: can you cap these flush so they can still be used in the future? We have them in a place we are currently using for seating and it is awkward to work around and a trip hazard. The bathroom may or may not ever be put in but we want to leave that option open. Thanks!
Not really. They can be installed just outside of the wall but the design of the worm drive hose clamp that tightens the cap is in line with the wall surface.. essentially a nut driver or screw driver needs to turn it and would be difficult if it were flush with the wall.

This may be a better alternative for your application.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks