Program WS1 for Iron filter only

Users who are viewing this thread

Mswlogo

Reaction score
My Valve was preprogrammed at the factory.

I wanted to check / set the the number of days between regen.

Well I was in the wrong section and I think I messed up the settings there. I think I know where to set days now. But want to put thinks back else where.

It was displaying 10 min backwash and 5 rinse but I think when I switched modes it reset everything because now it shows 8 and 4. I know how to change that back but worried about other settings that are not clear. Like POST and DN.

I’m confused on Softening vs Filtering.

I’m pretty sure it was in “softening” mode.

It’s hard to tell from user interface if I’m setting it to Softening Mode or setting the softening settings or both.

Do I want it in Filtering or Softening? Why was it in Softening. It looks like it was programmed because 10 min backwash is not the default.

I want a 10 min wash, 5 min rinse. 2 day cycle. No air intake.

It’s got 1.5 cu ft of media.

Help

Mswlogo

Reaction score
Ok, I think I figured it out.

Half the problem was knowing which version of WS1 I have.

I believe I have a WS1EE

It’s basically setup for Air Injection

This manual from a different company walked you through it. Except I didn’t enable air Injection. All other manuals didn’t match behavior.

https://www.bwsmfg.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/BWS-Clack-WS1EE-AIO-Manual_R0.pdf

Also switching between Softening vs Filtering resets all those settings.

All I needed to do was Next + Up arrow to set cycle days.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The EE is not designed for AIO applications. Unless you know some programming tricks, the valve will purge the air out during the second backwash. It can be done but the programming has to be manipulated. I can not advise how to do this in an open forum.

Mswlogo

Reaction score
The EE is not designed for AIO applications. Unless you know some programming tricks, the valve will purge the air out during the second backwash. It can be done but the programming has to be manipulated. I can not advise how to do this in an open forum.

Mswlogo

Reaction score
It’s a WS1EAIR. The retailer finally sent me the manual.

I didn’t care if there was air in it or not, for now, anyway. It seems to be working fine without it. I programmed it for no air intake.

Waiting for professional water test results now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks