Delta 2600 shower faucet handle orientation/direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Crosstalk

Reaction score
Hello. I have a broken extension part on my delta 2600/2800 shower faucet. Seems like it wasn't installed correctly years ago as there is no long screw threaded from the extension into the stem. I already ordered the replacement part, but after reading a couple of posts here about these faucets, I am wondering how the handles should be installed. Something tells me the hot and cold should align with the diverter (handle down) but maybe the weight of the handle (it's pretty heavy) will close the valve when you are trying to use it. It's been working with the cold/hot handles horizontal for many years so maybe leave well enough alone. What do you y'all think? (1) How should the cold/hot handles be installed? (2) What direction should the cold and the hot vales turn (both clockwise)?

IMG_8059.jpg

Crosstalk

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks