Laying hardwood floor in narrow hallway

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to install some 3/4" x 4" maple flooring in a hallway that is about 3' by 10', the boards will be running along the 10' stretch so I am not sure how to nail it down, it seems like a nailer won't be of much good given the 3' width so asking if it is worth renting one or just hand nail the whole thing, and therefore what type of nails to use, as well as spacing of nails, boards will run across joists 16 on center but only going into 5/8ths OSB board.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd follow the hardwood flooring standards?

Last edited by a moderator:

James23912

Reaction score
stick to plumbing. Standards do not tell you the distance the nailer covers between walls, geez!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good luck . maybe ask someone that works with wood like a floor installer or a store that sells it

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Insulting the well meaning if unhelpful respondent is not a great way to get others to respond.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks