Double Lavatory Conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Then you bury it in the wall with no access as you can't pull a 3" plug through a 1.5" hole. It's no longer a cleanout.
Obviously you can use a test tee for purposes other than a cleanout. E.g. for testing. Where's the rule that says a test tee has to be inaccessible if it's not a cleanout?

Cheers, Wayne

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Obviously you can use a test tee for purposes other than a cleanout. E.g. for testing. Where's the rule that says a test tee has to be inaccessible if it's not a cleanout?

Cheers, Wayne
If you provide access someone will use it as a cleanout which would be a futile fight with a clogged 3"pipe. A rule? Why does there need to be a rule to do a logical thing? Generally in this area roots are the problem. In alot of cases as long as you have full sized access you can pull these root balls out. But no way if you have an undersized access point. Which one could argue if your leaving access to the piping it is a cleanout whether you use is as a test or not.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you omit a required fully sized cleanout, obviously that's a code violation and a problem.

if you provide an extra undersized cleanout, why is that a problem? Seems like it's just a free option, anyone can ignore it if they want.

Cheers, Wayne

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you omit a required fully sized cleanout, obviously that's a code violation and a problem.

if you provide an extra undersized cleanout, why is that a problem? Seems like it's just a free option, anyone can ignore it if they want.

Cheers, Wayne
The code doesn't refer to a test tee. So as far as the code is concerned it's a illegally sized cleanout.

This argument could be had. Not sure anyone would really have it, but I do know someone could be cursing you in the future. It's even worse if it's you cursing you, lol.

Paul E.

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, I had a plumber out to look at the possibility of lining some cast iron pipes, and they remarked in passing that they did not think my bathroom venting setup would pass inspection due to the bathroom groups being wet vented. Do you see any issues with the current setup? I thought it was plumbed correctly per UPC.

zCeIeYu.jpg

7CPClPR.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks