Need Toilet Recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Suseyb

Reaction score
We have seven of us living in our home, and three toilets. All of them are builder grade Briggs. We have replaced the insides and levers, but they still clog. One of them leaked and flooded the main floor of our home this summer, and I am ready to replace a couple of them. Our half bath is small and gets a lot of use. I need a round, regular height toilet for this room, as my younger people are more likely to use this toilet than the others. I also need an elongated seat toilet for our master bath. This is the toilet that leaked after my son spent some time playing in there.

I'm looking at either a Toto Entrada or American Standard Cadet 3 for the half bath and a Toilet Drake 2021 for the master, though I am open to others. My budget is small, as we also just had to replace one of our hvac systems.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the Toto Drake for years.. I have one of the dual flush that everyone hated on in my home that I've only ever flushed with the 0.8gal flush and the mens room of our office has a 1.6gal flush that gets heavy use.. We've installed thousands of Drake and is still our No1 selling toilet.

Peterson

Reaction score
I'd go with Kohler Wellworths. The current design really works well and they are affordable.

Suseyb

Reaction score
Thank you both. I found a Wellworth at my local big box store, at a big discount, so I picked that up. I think I will also get one of the Drakes. I know I need to get a seat and a wax ring. What mounting bolts do I need? I cannot seem to find that information on the build.com website.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you both. I found a Wellworth at my local big box store, at a big discount, so I picked that up. I think I will also get one of the Drakes. I know I need to get a seat and a wax ring. What mounting bolts do I need? I cannot seem to find that information on the build.com website
Always buy Brass or Stainless Steel mounting bolts, bring a magnet to ensure nothing in the package and especially the bolts and nuts are ferrous (the washers... meh). Make sure the kit has 2 bolts and 4 nuts and 4 washers(or buy extra nuts and washers). If you don't know how long you need, buy the longer versions. I only use regular wax rings without the horn. If your flange is exactly flush or higher than the floor, only one wax should suffice. But buy extra wax in case your flange is under the finished floor, you can carefully stack them. Or buy the Jumbo wax ring too. Before setting the toilet on the wax ring, set the toilet down dry with the bolts to see if you need to shim. Despite the instructions provided with the toilet, place the wax on the flange after you tighten your bolts to the flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks