Verticle stack advice needed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Carloliveira

Reaction score
I have two drains (horizontal runs) both the Lav and Tub are properly trapped and both are vented through my attic less than 2 feet from both of thier own traps that enter my basement and connect to a verticle stack. Because I plan on making a small configuration change to how the two horizontal runs (Lav and Tub) tie into the verticle waste stack I need to know if a DOUBLE WYE where those two drain meet my verticle waste stack is proper. Perhaps you may have a better suggestion as well rather than a DOUBLE WYE. See attached photo. I'll remember to keep proper slope on all horizontal runs of course. My goal is to run the drains between the floor joists to reclaim some of my basement head space. Both those drains are vented prior to the verticle waste stack so WYE I believe can be used.

Attachments

• 20220908_222148.jpg
    20220908_222148.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 113

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you use a double wye what will enter through the top? Either plan to have is fine. If you have to use for the top inlet it could be for future use or access for cleaning.

Carloliveira

Reaction score
If you use a double wye what will enter through the top? Either plan to have is fine. If you have to use for the top inlet it could be for future use or access for cleaning.
The DOUBLE WYE would allow me to move the entire horizontal to verticle connection to the main waste stack closer to the floor joists so I can regain headspace in the basement, the top of the DOUBLE WYE I could cap and wouldn't serve as much of a cleanout due to space restrictions up top, both my horizontal runs for the TUB and LAV have cleanouts where they go verticle to horizontal in the basement as pictured above which I believe is more than sufficient. I'm also considering maybe tieing into the verticle waste stack using a WYE for one drain and a long sweep 90 on top of the WYE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913_093541.jpg
    Screenshot_20220913_093541.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks