2nd pump, Switch question

Users who are viewing this thread

Vero38

Reaction score
Hello, I have a flow well that feeds an open air areator tank. That is followed by the pump, pressure tank, softeners, then house. When using the hose for awhile, the flow well can't keep up and the areator tank empties. I want to add a pump prior to the areator tank to prevent this. Will the manual float valve inside the areator tank shut off this pump/ pressure switch? Or do I need to add an electrical float switch to control this pump? Thanks in advance, John

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You have an artesian well that fills a tank. You want this to be supplemented or modified by adding another pump.

As I see it, you would need an electrical float switch in the tank to control the new pump.

Vero38

Reaction score
You have an artesian well that fills a tank. You want this to be supplemented or modified by adding another pump.

As I see it, you would need an electrical float switch in the tank to control the new pump.
thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah something like this.

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Vero38

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I wired in a float switch, the pump will come on only during high demand when the water level in the tanks drops 8 inches. It shuts off the same time as the manual float shut off.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I wired in a float switch, the pump will come on only during high demand when the water level in the tanks drops 8 inches. It shuts off the same time as the manual float shut off.

I think you added a float switch to a pump that only kicks on when the atmospheric tank gets lower. You also have a float valve that will prevent natural well pressure from delivering water when the tank is full.

Does the output of the pump go though the float valve? If so, make sure the float switch turns off the pump before the float valve closes. If they take different paths, then I don't see a problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks