Can I vent through this?

Users who are viewing this thread

JWplumbing

Reaction score

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider that I'd make another hole and verify clearance from the other vent

BobinTN

Reaction score
Can I let a navien tanklesss water heater vent run up through and expel through this master flow roof jack with vent cap? (The navien vent will be sch. 40 so there will be sch 40 inside of the metal outlet) just trying to avoid making A new hole so wondering if I can use that as the outlet
Question, what is this "master flow roof jack" currently being used for? Is it a roof vent -- or was it there for the TANK-TYPE Water Heater? If it currently serves no other appliance, I would be one to call the Tank Less supplier or manufacturer' tech rep and ask them?

JWplumbing

Reaction score
Question, what is this "master flow roof jack" currently being used for? Is it a roof vent -- or was it there for the TANK-TYPE Water Heater? If it currently serves no other appliance, I would be one to call the Tank Less supplier or manufacturer' tech rep and ask them?
It was there for the tank type water heater. I may need to call support

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take the top off of that old vent and make a new solid top out of metal. Drill a hole in your new metal top for the pipe to pass through. Or drill a hole in that old vent's top and pass your pipe that way. Then caulk around the pipe as it passes through the hole its not hard. You may want to call a plumber as he will have how saws the correct size and could do it very quickly.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have a install manual ? They usualy call for it to be going through roof and sealed . that master flow jack wouldnt be right for a b vent either, maybe those are for fart fans.
JW if the masterflow jack is abandoned then by all means if the location works modify it . no need to ask

JWplumbing

Reaction score
Take the top off of that old vent and make a new solid top out of metal. Drill a hole in your new metal top for the pipe to pass through. Or drill a hole in that old vent's top and pass your pipe that way. Then caulk around the pipe as it passes through the hole its not hard. You may want to call a plumber as he will have how saws the correct size and could do it very quickly.
Good idea. I am a plumber thankfully.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
We drill through the existing cap, caulk, then add an Oatey rubber/poly (or eq.) vent collar for extra rain protection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks