Kitchen sink with offset drain

Users who are viewing this thread

PLS

Reaction score
We are renovating our kitchen, complete gut, and moving the sink to an island. I have access to drain lines in the crawl space. Sink is single bowl and has an offset drain in the back right corner so it is 5 in from the back of the sink and 5 in from the right side of the sink. Drain stub out will come through the back of the sink cabinet. Is it acceptable to locate the drain stub to the right side of the cabinet say 10 inches from the right side vs centering it in the cabinet. The water lines would then be in the center of the cabinet where normally located.
Thanks
Phil

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
An offset is fine. With an Island sink, you will need either an AAV for venting, or what we call "Island Vent" plumbing. Lately, the plumbers here are using AAV's.

Trap and trap arm is 1.5"
Waste line to the santee is 2" with a 2" cleanout.
The AAV needs to be at least 4" above the traparm.

PLS

Reaction score
Thanks for more information than I asked for. I was assuming I could just use the existing vent. I am only moving the drain about 32 inches but the current drain is around 3 ft from a vent. Is the vent supposed to be within 3.5 ft of drain?
Thanks
Phil

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks