Need an Oil Rubbed Bronze replacement for this Shower Valve. I think its American Standard

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to replace this nasty trim on my shower with an Oil Rubbed Bronze replacement. I think this is an American Standard Valve and pretty old. Hoping to get suggestions. Also, this shower stall still has the tub spout from a "Lazy" Remodel before we bought this house. I'd like to just cap the Tub Spout permanently. Any idea how to dress this opening so it does not look so bad?

Shower.jpg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is American Standard. You can use any trim showing the use of the R115 shower rough can be used. Also the current "Flash" trims starting with "TU" can be used but the valve cartridge in the trim kit will not be useable.

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
It is American Standard. You can use any trim showing the use of the R115 shower rough can be used. Also the current "Flash" trims starting with "TU" can be used but the valve cartridge in the trim kit will not be useable.
Just to be sure here is a photo of the actual cartridge. I also found this trim kit that looks like it should fit. Do you agree? Looks like they include an adapter to add the handle via a set screw.

Of course I just found out this Bronze one is 12-17 weeks out :(

valve.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to replace this nasty trim on my shower with an Oil Rubbed Bronze replacement. I think this is an American Standard Valve and pretty old. Hoping to get suggestions. Also, this shower stall still has the tub spout from a "Lazy" Remodel before we bought this house. I'd like to just cap the Tub Spout permanently. Any idea how to dress this opening so it does not look so bad?

View attachment 83414
So the kit to upgrade to oil rubbed bronze was out 12 to 17 weeks. I used a $10 can on oil rubbed bronze spray paint for the win

View attachment 83414
So the Bronze kit was 12-17 weeks out.. I hate this ugly thing.. $10 can of Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze for the win until things start shipping again..

bronze.jpg

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
So the kit to upgrade to oil rubbed bronze was out 12 to 17 weeks. I used a $10 can on oil rubbed bronze spray paint for the win

So the Bronze kit was 12-17 weeks out.. I hate this ugly thing.. $10 can of Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze for the win until things start shipping again..

View attachment 83596
Whooo hoo. I found a bronze kit on EBay. Open box for $40. Looks awesome.
valve.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks