Fleck 7000SE settings after valve rebuild for 32k grain softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Desert_Guy

Reaction score
I could use some help or guidance on settings for a Fleck 7000 SE valve on a 32k grain unit (1.0 cu ft of resin).

Fleck 7000SE valve with new Piston, seals + brine valve. Unit was not previously drawing brine, but rebuild has resolved BD issue and unit appears to be working and drawing brine now.
install New 1.0 Cubic Feet of Purolite C100E Resin (32k grain softener)

We have 4 people in our house.

From City FAQ:
City water hardness average is 16.5 grains/gallon.
The iron content is less than 0.3 PPM

I have the programming guide found in the link below, just not sure what to put in for the settings for my application. Let me know if you need more details.
https://www.discountwatersofteners.com/content/manuals/Fleck-7000SE-Quick-Startup-Guide.pdf

Thank you!

Reach4

Reaction score
Fleck 7000SE valve
Show us a photo of the front panel of your valve. Or at least tell us whether your valve has a little LED display, or an LCD display.

Last edited:

Desert_Guy

Reaction score
Show us a photo of the front panel of your valve. Or at least tell us whether your valve has a little LED display, or an LCD display.

it’s this guy… with an LED display.
7636BAA0-E998-436A-9757-6101D4D8E65F.jpeg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
OK. Just checking.

Since average hardness is 16.5, let's say 18 for the peak. With high hardness, I would set H-20. Things to that point default including C-24.
So about 1200 gallons of softening.

4 people is about 240 gallons per day. So SF=(240/1200)=0.2 = 20%, so cF-20. If I did it right, expect to regen every 4 or 5 days. Not bad.

All iron will have been settled out by the time the water gets to your house through the pipes. That is largely what hydrant flushing is about.

Last edited:

Desert_Guy

Reaction score
OK. Just checking.

Since average hardness is 16.5, let's say 18 for the peak. With high hardness, I would set H-20. Things to that point default including C-24.
So about 1200 gallons of softening.

4 people is about 240 gallons per day. So SF=(240/1200)=0.2 = 20%, so cF-20. If I did it right, expect to regen every 4 or 5 days. Not bad.

All iron will have been settled out by the time the water gets to your house through the pipes. That is largely what hydrant flushing is about.

Excellent info Reach4! So the C-24 is for 32K Grain or 1.0 cu ft resin softener? I had set that at C-32, but can change it and bump up the hardness to H-20. That will change my gallons between regeneration from 1600 to 1200 gallons.

Thank you!

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't really know how much water is being injected. So it may be that you could set C higher. If you get a Hach 5-B kit and note that there is no hardness breakthrough the day before regen, you could try a bigger C.

You could also monitor your salt usage, and see how much salt gets used for each regen. So if using 40 lb bags, and you use a bag about every 5 regens, that would tell us something.

Desert_Guy

Reaction score
I don't really know how much water is being injected. So it may be that you could set C higher. If you get a Hach 5-B kit and note that there is no hardness breakthrough the day before regen, you could try a bigger C.

You could also monitor your salt usage, and see how much salt gets used for each regen. So if using 40 lb bags, and you use a bag about every 5 regens, that would tell us something.

I have the purple (violet) injector.

One issue i'm seeing. I programed my 7000SE to use the Meter Delayed Setting: [ 7 - - 3 ], however I noticed the gallons number does not appear to be going down with water usage. Meaning the number that alternates between the current time and gallons remaining, remains at 1200.

When I rebuilt the valve and removed the meter, the meter did spin without issue. So its either a programming issue or the cable itself.

Reach4

Reaction score
That's good. It is low flow, and is probably just able to get by with a brine draw of 60 minutes with 1 cuft -- depending on how much brine is being drawn. Which I don't know. The symptom of the brine draw being short is a little salt taste after regen.
One issue i'm seeing. I programed my 7000SE to use the Meter Delayed Setting: [ 7 - - 3 ], however I noticed the gallons number does not appear to be going down with water usage. Meaning the number that alternates between the current time and gallons remaining, remains at 1200.

When I rebuilt the valve and removed the meter, the meter did spin without issue. So its either a programming issue or the cable itself.
See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/testing-fleck-7000-flow-meter-advice.50213/

Desert_Guy

Reaction score
Last edited:

Desert_Guy

Reaction score

Update: My meter ended up being bad and that's why the gallons number was not changing. I was able to determine this by seeing that the water usage light was not activating when the water was on in the house with a faucet wide open. Replaced it with a new turbine (meter) and counting down issue fixed!

My only issue now is that my salt tank after it regens and is not quite filling the salt tank with enough water. It's a 32K softener and the Fill is set to the Default of 12 mins. Wondering if I should bump that number up? Maybe to 20 mins?

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have a sticker telling you the BLFC value?

Bannerman

Reaction score
The quantity of water to enter the brine tank, is to be proportional to the amount of capacity to be regenerated.

You said your softener contains 1 cubic foot (ft3) of resin which will have a capacity to remove a maximum 32,000 grains of hardness.

To acheive the best balance of capacity, salt efficiency and water quality, the usual recommendation is to program regeneration to occur when 24,000 grains capacity has been depleted as that will require only 8 lbs salt each regeneration cycle.

Each gallon of water that enters the brine tank will dissolve maximum 3lbs salt so to dissolve the 8 lbs salt required to regenerate 24,000 grains capacity each cycle, 2.67 gallons water will be needed.

You said your 7000SE is equipped with a 0.125 GPM BLFC so therefore, the BF setting required will be (2.67 gallons / 0.125 =) 21.36 minutes. Because the BF setting will need to be a whole number, program 22 minutes BF.

Water should not be covering the salt each cycle. The water that enters at the bottom the brine tank will dissolve the salt at the bottom of the tank so the dry salt in storage above the water line will drop lower as the salt below becomes dissolved. Suggest filling the brine tank to the top with salt and only top-up the salt when the salt level drops to where the top of the salt is beginning to be submerged below the water line. Salt top-up will typically not be needed for several months.

index.php

Last edited:

Desert_Guy

Reaction score
The quantity of water to enter the brine tank, is to be proportional to the amount of capacity to be regenerated.

You said your softener contains 1 cubic foot (ft3) of resin which will have a capacity to remove a maximum 32,000 grains of hardness.

To acheive the best balance of capacity, salt efficiency and water quality, the usual recommendation is to program regeneration to occur when 24,000 grains capacity has been depleted as that will require only 8 lbs salt each regeneration cycle.

Each gallon of water that enters the brine tank will dissolve maximum 3lbs salt so to dissolve the 8 lbs salt required to regenerate 24,000 grains capacity each cycle, 2.67 gallons water will be needed.

You said your 7000SE is equipped with a 0.125 GPM BLFC so therefore, the BF setting required will be (2.67 gallons / 0.125 =) 21.36 minutes. Because the BF setting will need to be a whole number, program 22 minutes BF.

Water should not be covering the salt each cycle. The water that enters at the bottom the brine tank will dissolve the salt at the bottom of the tank so the dry salt in storage above the water line will drop lower as the salt below becomes dissolved. Suggest filling the brine tank to the top with salt and only top-up the salt when the salt level drops to where the top of the salt is beginning to be submerged below the water line. Salt top-up will typically not be needed for several months.

index.php
Thank You! got it set to 22 now and will monitor it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks