Toto decision: Entrada vs. Drake 776 series vs. Ultramax II

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadavis

Reaction score
About 8 years ago in large part due to Terry's awesome site, I bought an Ultramax II for my hall bath. I don't recall the exact model but it has the old "sanigloss" finish and is a 1.28 gallon flush. I'm getting around to redoing the master bath now and need to make a choice on a new Toto.

The Ultramax II has been pretty great, but it is somewhat loud and is expensive compared to the newer Entrada and Drake models. It seems the newer Drake 776 is the budget friendly Toto choice lately, and is the way I'm leaning. Water usage is not terribly important to me, though I'd like to stay at 1.28 per flush if possible. I'd also like to have the ability to add a washlet later.

Can anyone comment on the relative noise level between the 3? I'm also not seeing on the Toto website a 2021 Drake model number for one which is washlet ready (but doesn't include the washlet). I know I need the seat that covers the washlet plumbing hole until I make that jump. Oh, and I assume none of the Entradas are washlet ready?

Jadavis

Reaction score
Yeah, during the flush. Not upgrading the Ultramax, just adding another Toto and wondering if the others would be better choices now.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yeah, during the flush. Not upgrading the Ultramax, just adding another Toto and wondering if the others would be better choices now.
Try closing the lid during a flush when you want to minimize noise.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake 776 and the Entrada 244 are good models.
The Drake 776/775 series have the good bowl finish, same as what the Ultramax II, MS604 series has.

The CST776CEFG would perform similar to what you have, at the lower price point, being a two piece toilet, tank and bowl that bolt together. I've been selling a lot of the new model.

It will flush like what you have now, noise levels similar. Though I don't consider them being noisy at all. I have one in the Master bath, and when I first started selling these, I had to advise customers that as quiet as the seemed, they would do the job well anyway. You would be hard pressed to find something quieter with what is out there today. The old five and six gallon bowls that would take a minute to slowly swirl it away are long gone.

cst776cefg-terrylove-02.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks