Optimal Distance from Tankless Water Heater Intake Vent to Dryer Exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread

WorldPeace

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone,

I am looking to install a tankless water heater. The dryer exhaust is only about 14 inches horizontally away and I'm wondering whether this was sufficient. I know that minimum distance is supposed to be 12 inches. Any advice?

As a way to be safe, I was thinking about adding additional vertical piping so that the water heater intake is farther away vertically since I'm thinking the lint from the dryer exhaust would have a tendency to drift downwards.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Fitter30

Reaction score
3' above if within 10' of vent. You would as much separation as possible because of the lint. Some condensing water heaters also have air filter on the inlet just right inside of he heater. Should be in your installation manual

Last edited:

WorldPeace

Reaction score
Fitter,

Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize that you needed to do as much as 3'!

But, I guess it's a good idea. The air filter looks like it only filters out larger particles as the mesh isn't that fine. So, if it's too close, I would end up having to clean the burner periodically.

3' above if within 10' of vent. You would as much separation as possible because of the lint. Some condensing water heaters also have air filter on the inlet just right inside of he heater. Should be in your installation manual

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks