Leaking fitting to faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi,

I am replacing a faucet in a RV. I can't get it too stop leaking.

The first picture with the male brass fitting is in the RV and at the joint that's leaking.

The second picture shows two fittings. The one on the left with the hose that was orignally there. The brass fitting on the right is the one that came with the faucet that interfaces with the faucet hoses.

It is leaking when I connect the two brass fittings. I did not use teflon tape, but used T plus 2 sealant.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Attachments

• RV fitting.jpg
    RV fitting.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 163
  • new fitting.jpg
    new fitting.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 151

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That fitting seals by the threads pressing onto the black washer. If you over tighten it you'll ruin the black washer. I think you need another black washer. You could try pulling the washer or and resetting it.

Reaction score
That fitting seals by the threads pressing onto the black washer. If you over tighten it you'll ruin the black washer. I think you need another black washer. You could try pulling the washer or and resetting it.
Thank you..I'll try that. There is a good chance I did over tighten.

Reaction score

Hi,

The washer needs replacing. The size is; OD: 3/4 " ID: 7/16"; thickness 1/16". Having trouble finding it. Any suggestions?

Thank you

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
A shower head probably has one that's pretty close, or you'd need to buy another fitting that has one in it. Otherwise just get what Terry posted is the same thing, but didn't need a washer. You should use tape and dope though, if you go that route.

Reach4

Reaction score
Reaction score
A shower head probably has one that's pretty close, or you'd need to buy another fitting that has one in it. Otherwise just get what Terry posted is the same thing, but didn't need a washer. You should use tape and dope though, if you go that route.

It would not thread into the fitting Terry suggested.

Reaction score
Hi,

This might be an obvious question to some...but what is the best technique to make sure the connection is tight to prevent leaks, but not to tight to deform the washer/gasket .

Do you snug the connection, turn water on and see if it leaks..then continue to snug until no leaks occur?

Thank you

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi,

This might be an obvious question to some...but what is the best technique to make sure the connection is tight to prevent leaks, but not to tight to deform the washer/gasket .

Do you snug the connection, turn water on and see if it leaks..then continue to snug until no leaks occur?

Thank you
Finger tight. Then a quarter or half turn.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks