PsideKick system drops to zero PSI instantly...

Users who are viewing this thread

CenterTree

Reaction score
The PK1A kit ordered for 50/70 should have come with 45 PSI air in the tank. Sorry if it was a bit high. But like VA said the SQ pump takes 5 seconds to start, so you really need about 40 PSI air in the tank instead. The Cycle Sensor will shut the pump off when it is running dry, It will work with a well pump and/or the booster pump. You can also use a second float switch in the storage tank to keep the booster from running dry. With either the Cycle Sensor or the additional float switch you will not need the low pressure cut off switch, which are known to give the nuisance trips you desrcibe.

I will lower the precharge down to 40 then.
Is there a way to disconnect/bypass/remove the low pressure cutoff on the switch, so I don't have to spend any more money for a new one?

CenterTree

Reaction score
The gage you are using to check the tank pre charge may be off.
I do suspect the gauge to be about 2 PSI off actually.
Figure that we "rely" on pressure gauges on the tank, and then we use our own measuring gauge to check the tank pressure and we end up with a lot of minute/small differences that might make just the amount of problems we get in our settings. So yeah.

But anyway, I lowered the pressure tank pre-charge down to 41 and all is working fine now.

So if anyone in the future ever has this issue they will know what to do.

Always get good help here at TL.

justler

Reaction score
I'll be dropping in an SQ pump, right now my pressure switch is a 40/60 with tank set to 38psi. When I do the SQ swap should I drop the pressure tank charge down to 35 and leave the pressure switch as is?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks