Is installing a shower base with a mm or under tolerance for vertical movement (bend) at the center

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
The adjustments you guys are talking about cant be made easily I need to put my knee ( 100kg, 6ft1) on the base to see the bending. If I do the same on the cement .....
For the cement idea to work you need to agree to raise the shower base a little

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The adjustments you guys are talking about cant be made easily I need to put my knee ( 100kg, 6ft1) on the base to see the bending. If I do the same on the cement .....
. . . you just have to be sure to put enough thinset mortar in that location (but not so much that you can't get the base down all the way), and then only do the compression test after the thinset has set (next day). If it still flexes, pull it back up (hence the slip sheet) and figure out what you did wrong.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
so thinset , and adhesive out the window. what's another way you like mini me? how about plaster

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks