Shark Bite Fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Bo P

Reaction score
Ok... so this is my first time working with Pex and SharkBite fittings.
I am replacing a simple bathroom faucet.
I have the faucet all put in but the existing Pex water supply lines are too short for the new faucet.
As I understand it ... to disconnect the fitting it should be as simple taking the disconnect tool and pushing down in order to remove the Pex tube.
The problem is that no matter how hard I push down there is no movement and it's not letting go of the Pex tube. Help?

The fittings are from Cash Acme.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It can take some pressure to actually retract the sharp, steel teeth that are holding the fitting in place. IF it's not moving when you press, you're not pushing hard enough, I think. If someone had pulled on the fitting without the removal tool, those teeth could have dug into the tubing as they're pointed to dig in if you pull, but let you slide the fitting on in the first place, so maybe try pushing it tighter while trying to use the removal tool to get them out of the tubing if they're now embedded.

Bo P

Reaction score
It can take some pressure to actually retract the sharp, steel teeth that are holding the fitting in place. IF it's not moving when you press, you're not pushing hard enough, I think. If someone had pulled on the fitting without the removal tool, those teeth could have dug into the tubing as they're pointed to dig in if you pull, but let you slide the fitting on in the first place, so maybe try pushing it tighter while trying to use the removal tool to get them out of the tubing if they're now embedded.
I even tried using pliers to push down on the removal tool with no luck.

Reach4

Reaction score

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If this doesn't work ask your wife to try. push the removal tool and the fitting together while simultaneously pulling the fitting off the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks