American Standard Drain Alternatives

Users who are viewing this thread

Singhsongs

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am looking for a brass drain that would work with my American Standard Cambridge tub. I’ve been looking at the Gerber 41-813, I called Gerber and they said the 41-812 but I’m not so sure about the adjustment length. I also have considered Westbrass or Kingston drains as they are available at my hardware store, but I don’t know much about them. Has anyone found a drain that works with this that has a beehive or strainer drain with a trip lever? My fixtures are matte black and finding a drain has been very hard. Thanks.

https://gerber-gh.s3.amazonaws.com/gerberdocs/G00W1821_SS.pdf

gerber-41-812-drain-spec.jpg

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Do you need a new trip lever or the overflow cover is shot? Is it the drain itself. Not sure what the problem is. All tub drains are essentially the same. As long as the pipe themselves are not leaking, most replacement drains or overflow covers will work. If the trip lever is broken, tou can remove it and replace the drain with a toe popper.

Singhsongs

Reaction score
Do you need a new trip lever or the overflow cover is shot? Is it the drain itself. Not sure what the problem is. All tub drains are essentially the same. As long as the pipe themselves are not leaking, most replacement drains or overflow covers will work. If the trip lever is broken, tou can remove it and replace the drain with a toe popper.

I’m installing a new tub and brass drain. Im not interested in anything other than the strainer trip lever style drain. I don’t want a toe tapper. I have a finger tap sink and I hate sticking my hand in there if I’m not cleaning it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Gerber 41-812 in chrome. I took this picture today.

gerber-tub-drain-41-812-terrylove-01.jpg

Here it is with white trim.

gerber-w1-821-tub-drain.jpg

ms853-terrylove-01.jpg

New tub to go with new toilet.

Last edited:

Singhsongs

Reaction score
The Gerber 41-812 in chrome. I took this picture today.

New tub to go with new toilet.

This drain will work with the Cambridge Tub?
The water level on this tub is 14 inches. I’m not fluent in plumbing. I just don’t want water to escape my tub and go all over the place should I do the Gerber 41-812 or the Gerber 41-813? When I called Gerber they recommended both but he didn’t really seem sure. LOL.

Bathtubs (americanstandard-us.com)

thank you so much!!

cambridge-specs-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think Gerber drain above comes up at least 2" short.

Geberit makes a cable drain that adjusts the stopper from the overflow position.

151-503-00-1.jpg

The rotating handle snaps on.

geberit-turncontrol.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks