Utility sink upstream clothes washer

Users who are viewing this thread

B_Neiles

Reaction score
Hello,

I've noticed this photo used in conversations concerning laundry room plumbing and was my original plan. However, for reasons I can go into later, I need the clothes washer "downstream" of the utility sink. Would you simply run a horizontal branch below the standpipe p-trap, and take the washer trap arm to a san-tee, and down to this horizontal branch?
washer_rough_b.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes. First fitting would be a san tee low horizontally to your sink location. Atop that san tee and high enough that the bottom of the trap clears over the top of the sink drain.

Reach4

Reaction score
Utah use IPC 2015.

Is that sink a laundry sink that is right next to the standpipe? If so, there is ones solution:
http://media.iccsafe.org/news/icc-enews/2018v15n13/2018SC-IPC802.pdf describes a standpipe trap shared with a laundry tub. As I read it, the 2018 change was to allow it in apartments, and this was available for houses in earlier versions.

index.php

If not, under IPC, once other waste joins the laundry standpipe, officially the pipe size should increase from 2 to 3 inch. You may be able to get a pass on that for existing available drain.

B_Neiles

Reaction score
Unfortunately in the UPC, should have started with that. So, I'm pretty sure I can't use the above solution? Thanks for the quick replies.

Reach4

Reaction score
Unfortunately in the UPC, should have started with that. So, I'm pretty sure I can't use the above solution?
But with UPC you can run both traps into the 2 inch drain line without a variance, so good.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks