No email alerts working for this forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Rancho

Reaction score
I’m following another thread I started and never receive email alerts when people reply even though I have all the alert options turned on.
I checked my email spam folder and it’s not there either.

Is there an issue going on with notifications?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know, but have you noticed that when you reply (and possibly also when starting a thread) and hit "More Options" you get a post editor screen that includes at the bottom under Options "receive email notifications"?

Cheers, Wayne

Rancho

Reaction score
I don't know, but have you noticed that when you reply (and possibly also when starting a thread) and hit "More Options" you get a post editor screen that includes at the bottom under Options "receive email notifications"?

Cheers, Wayne
Yes, that’s selected.
I didn’t get email notification for your reply either.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think I will need to change what I use for email. I think they consider the email that I'm using as a spam account.
Too bad, as it had been working well until about two months ago. I might see if a gmail account will work better.
Terry Love

Rancho

Reaction score
I just tried the forgot password link to see if I get that email that sends a link to reset my password and I didn’t get that either. So, it’s not just forum notifications.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I just tried the forgot password link to see if I get that email that sends a link to reset my password and I didn’t get that either. So, it’s not just forum notifications.

It's the same thing. I need to change what I'm using as email for the forums.

bingow

Reaction score
@Terry I just ran into this problem also. In preferences, I notice "unsupported devices" will not receive alerts. Not being very computer literate, could the problem be my mid 2012 MacBook Pro with Safari/Catalina? (I'll assume you also can't alert me with your answer, so I'll check in daily for awhile... )

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
@Terry I just ran into this problem also. In preferences, I notice "unsupported devices" will not receive alerts. Not being very computer literate, could the problem be my mid 2012 MacBook Pro with Safari/Catalina? (I'll assume you also can't alert me with your answer, so I'll check in daily for awhile... )
It has nothing to do with your equipment. I have APPLE everything. Iphone, Ipad, Imac Macbook. E-mails did stop around July of last year as Terry stated. It worked fine after tTerry did an upgraded with newer software.

bingow

Reaction score
Thank you, @WorthFlorida . The problem continues: I received no email alert, nor forum "bell icon" alert for your above reply; however, clicking on the bell, your reply was listed.

bingow

Reaction score
Now something new. After I posted the above reply, I noticed I was no longer showed logged on at the header. Yet my avatar showed the logged on icon, conflicted by the usual "post reply" message space being absent. I exited the forum, brought it up again, and it showed me as not logged on at the top, but still logged on at the avatar. In fact, I was not logged on, and I had to log on again to write this. If it's not my equipment, then good luck to you @Terry .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks