Irrigation Controller- Rain Detector?

Users who are viewing this thread

CCinPA

Reaction score
I need a controller where different zones be controlled by the Rain-detector. Here's my situation... I want the lawn to be controlled by the rain-sensor. But, I have flower-boxes that do not get rain, and I still want these to activate not dependent on the rain-sensor. Help?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
All controllers that I know of only use one rain sensor for the entire system. What you'll need to do is use a second controller without a rain sensor active. Depending on your water source, either one of these would work. If you're tied to an a irrigation pump the garden hose controller will not work, however with a garden hose it would work great for drip irrigation at the flower boxes.

https://www.rainbird.com/products/esp-9v-battery-operated-controller
https://www.rainbird.com/products/electronic-garden-hose-watering-timer

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Find the manual and be sure it uses a moisture sensor for each zone. Since it is not mentioned it most likely does not. Rain bird has moisture sensor for some controllers but not per zone.

I might be old fashioned but without a screen to look at and can only used a smart phone for programming and trouble shooting, I shy away from it. No other sprinkler tech, if ever needed, can work on it and you'll always need a WiFi connection. When I first started reading its marketing description, it reads like the NEST guys wrote it. All flash, we'll solve your problems, the learning part is so so, just like thermostats.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks