Sewer Lining

Users who are viewing this thread

Matticus

Reaction score
Hey dudes,

Is there anyone else on here who installs liners/CIPP? I didn't see a thread for it but am curious if there are fellow madmen:mad: on this site. If you guys have any questions for me about lining, let me know.

- Matt

https://www.pipeninja.com/

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Someone I know has a sink that's been out of commission a few years now. It's waste is the original cast iron circa 1910. There's a leak somewhere between the trap and the stack, but the finishes would be very difficult to remove for access. Is there any way to repair the leak using liner techniques? Even if it didn't last forever, I think the owners would be very happy.

Thanks,

DIYorBust

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
No Matticus, Ive never been involved in liners. but good to hear input to that aspect of the trade. As tuttles said about hiring out. At least in my area Southern California many contractors sub it out to a specialty company that does the work and all the plumber needs do is mark up the price to customer. Some of the Companys that do the lining mention unmarked vehicles and uniforms assuring that the plumber is thier customer. Ive seen Advertizements at supply house and trade show for companys specializing in Lining.
The process, results and buisness is interesting to I would think us all even if we arent in that market.
Thanks

Matticus

Reaction score
Someone I know has a sink that's been out of commission a few years now. It's waste is the original cast iron circa 1910. There's a leak somewhere between the trap and the stack, but the finishes would be very difficult to remove for access. Is there any way to repair the leak using liner techniques? Even if it didn't last forever, I think the owners would be very happy.

Thanks,

DIYorBust

You might be able to use a coating method to seal up cracks, but this doesn't sound like a good fit for lining because of the tight trap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks