Temp Sensor wire and molex connector?

Users who are viewing this thread

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
TT does not seem to answer their phone or respond to email these pandemic days.
I want to wire a Triangle Tube temp sensor to the boiler panel terminals. This would read the temp at the manifold down stream of a hydraulic separator. The TT sensor has a female molex type connector with two pins inside the nylon housing. Plug and play, but I got no plug nor any clues where to find one. Where can these be sourced? No we don’t have Fryes or Radio Shack here in Bellingham.
I have not looked at the hobby stores yet.
I was planning to use some shielded 18 gauge wire to connect back to the Solo 60 like I used with the outdoor reset and thermostat. Will generic wire work for this or do I need 105C rated wire?
Thanks for any help.

2E62DA29-ACEC-4722-9B33-3B0877BB6C77.jpeg
6CFA8D7D-9646-48BE-91FC-88D3082C6FAD.jpeg

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
Hobby Town update: Nada on the shelf. The owner believes the right connector might be a “mini Tamiya “. That is often used with RC batteries.
I’m open to cold calling to follow up on any suggestions for possible sources.

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
Update: Think I found a plug/wire assembly that will work. Shipped to house for less than $6.00. Will post the information and vendor source when I confirm it will work.

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
The connector fits well. Just need the shielded wire and gel filled compression connectors to finish.

1CEB10A7-ABB0-462B-87AB-F86519A3B36F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
The connector fits well. Just need the shielded wire and gel filled compression connectors to finish.
The system sensor is now in service! Before I wired it to the boiler I did a continuity check which passed. The boiler supply sensor still functions as a high limit sensor while the system sensor measures the delivered output downstream from my Spirovent quad separator.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Most sensors are shipped with the other half because suppiers change. Next time google electronic, battery plus type stores/ suppliers in your area if you can't get the correct plug the correct size of pln connector might be. Then a piece of shrink tubing could be put over the pin connector.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks