Old Toto Fill Valve Question

Users who are viewing this thread

SAS

Reaction score
We just moved to a new house. One of the toilets is a Toto - I'm not sure which model. I've attached a picture of the number on the inside back of the tank (8536: 410), but it doesn't seem to correlate to any Toto model I could identify. Similarly the fill valve has the numbers 30 0505/10. While everything seems to work OK, there is no hose from the fill valve to the overflow tube, nor does any water come out from the place where a hose would normally be attached to the fill valve. Should I change out the fill valve? I have an extra Toto Universal Fill Valve but it doesn't list either the tank number or the fill valve number in its list of compatible models.

IMG_20210511_165612.jpg
IMG_20210511_165559.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That TOTO model with a 2" flush valve.
Those didn't use a fill tube for the overflow. It is looking old though.

Last edited:

SAS

Reaction score
TOTO with a 2" flush valve.
Those didn't use a fill tube for the overflow. It is looking old though.
Thanks, Terry. So, since it seems to work just fine, I guess the best thing to do is just leave it alone. If I were ever to have a problem with the fill valve, is there one still made that doesn't divert water to the overflow tube?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks, Terry. So, since it seems to work just fine, I guess the best thing to do is just leave it alone. If I were ever to have a problem with the fill valve, is there one still made that doesn't divert water to the overflow tube?

Take any fill valve and divert the water back into the tank. Same thing.

Bktonyc

Reaction score
Take any fill valve and divert the water back into the tank. Same thing.

I have the same flush valve. .Is it possible to make water flow out the so I can install a fluidmaster flush n sparkle cleaning kit, or is it not possible?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have the same flush valve. .Is it possible to make water flow out the so I can install a fluidmaster flush n sparkle cleaning kit, or is it not possible?

Just pick up a Fluidmaster fill valve and use that with the Fluidmaster Flush N Sparkle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks