How much should a picote process cost in Hemet Calif

Users who are viewing this thread

kriver

Reaction score
I think I was way over charged by ARS rooter service. They at first said it was $79.00 for regular rooter. It didn't work, then they wanted $902.00 for hydro jet The operator guaranteed it would work, but that didn't work well either. Then it finally came to the Picote process total price with camera inspection and all the other things they tried $4,200.60. When I called the main corporate office the analyst said that if I found a better price they would adjust theirs. I am hoping you can help me out here. I think the price is way too high. They are saying it isn't. I need an answer right away the analyst is waiting on me to find a better price, so they can adjust it I am a senior and disabled vet that was their discounted price too. I need to find out an average price for a total sewer line clean out using the Picote hydro jet process.
Thank You,
K River

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Not likely any of the regular plumbers here know about this particular "process".
We have experience with jetting (not me personally) and certainly drain snake machines.
Sounds very dubious at that price unless you actually got a new trenchless sewer pipe installed, or a fully new liner in your existing pipes.
They should have been able to offer you a video of the problem. When you report it "didn't work", do you mean that they were unable to clear a blockage? Depends on where that blockage is, but we don't even know which Picote thing they did. Picote is just a mfr's name and they have many items, most prominently new liner setups.

https://www.picotesolutions.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
never heard of picote process . dont know what they did? how much labor? material? special equiptment ? back hoe rental?
4200.60 is a chunk of change. a whole lot of money. if you authorized the work and agreed to pay it dosent sound like a smart move. Sorry to say being senior makes you a more likely target. hemet also known for retirees so probebly shady people prey on seniors in hemet

kriver

Reaction score
I think I was way over charged by ARS rooter service. They at first said it was $79.00 for regular rooter. It didn't work then they wanted $902.00 for hydro jet The operator guaranteed it would work. But that didn't work well either. Then it finally came to the Picote process total price with camera inspection $4,200.60. When I called the main office the analyst said that if I found a better price they would adjust theirs can you help me out here? I think the price is way too high. They are saying it isn't. I need an answer right away the analyst is waiting on me to find a better price, so they can adjust it I am a senior and disabled vet that was their discounted price too. I need to find out an average price for a total sewer line clean out. Thank You,
K River
Not likely any of the regular plumbers here know about this particular "process".
We have experience with jetting (not me personally) and certainly drain snake machines.
Sounds very dubious at that price unless you actually got a new trenchless sewer pipe installed, or a fully new liner in your existing pipes.
They should have been able to offer you a video of the problem. When you report it "didn't work", do you mean that they were unable to clear a blockage? Depends on where that blockage is, but we don't even know which Picote thing they did. Picote is just a mfr's name and they have many items, most prominently new liner setups.

https://www.picotesolutions.com/
No, they didn't dig or install anything as far as I know. They just cleaned the drain. They said it was like sanding the inside of the galvanized pipe smooth making it like new again. Does this Picote process really do that? the blockage from what they showed me was extreme. I couldn't physically go look as I am not able go outside. My friend showed me pictures using a phone. He wasn't there when they finished so I never saw the results of their work. I realized later on, that I was really deceived by that company. I hope their main office will do something for me. How much should I have paid for something like this? Thank you for the quick response. I will call the analyst back and talk with her. I will send her here to read your replies. Maybe it will help lower the price I don't know. But it seems that outfit sure took me for an expensive ride. They advertise that they are honest, trust worthy and guarantee 100% satisfaction or you don't pay. The blockage was at the main sewer connection area. They said their hydro jet machine couldn't completely clear all the blockage. They needed to do this picote process in order to really fix the pipe and guarantee their work for five years and that the problem would probably happen again fairly soon. As far as I know NO new liner was installed. However, they did say that the picote process made the complete sewer line like new on the inside. They did use some sort of special machine that makes the pipe like new again because it sands the inside down smooth. They said they did this to the whole sewer line. There weren't any parts used or any major digging involved. One guy might have done some hand digging I don't know for sure though. I believe all they used was a special machine and the labor to use it. I think there were only three guys. The man in charge and two others. I don't believe they used a back hoe or other major equipment I don't know for sure though. I think they went into the sewer only by a drain access.
Thank you again for your quick response.
K River

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unfortunately the price for a service is whatever they want to charge, and unless you agree to it beforehand, you have to rely on the company's ethics. I NEVER tried to "second guess" another plumber's charges AFTER the work was done, because I was not there to see what he did or how hard it was to do it.

kriver

Reaction score
I
Unfortunately the price for a service is whatever they want to charge, and unless you agree to it beforehand, you have to rely on the company's ethics. I NEVER tried to "second guess" another plumber's charges AFTER the work was done, because I was not there to see what he did or how hard it was to do it.
I really wasn't trying to ask for an exact quote I was just looking for a ball park range of two amounts so it would give me a general idea of what the cost might be. Based on the reactions to my post it should be a lot less and was possibly not very honest in their pricing.

Generally speaking, if you were going to do a job like this using this picote machine or some other specialized equipment I was wondering what it would cost on any house this size. I am asking in general terms NOT specifics just approximately NOT an exact number a range of a high and low amounts for a two bedroom two bath house single car garage built in 1965. The house is on an extremely small lot in a senior single house complex no backyard just an access area of 22' x 4' the front is small too. The square footage is about 900 sq ft. Thank you for your reply
K River

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I try not to second guess other guys prices either . but giving an internet estimate on a process trade name I've never heard of wouldn't be fair to anyone. Kriver if you feel you were ripped off how the heck did that happen over and over again? it was 79 bucks. 3 men 1 day 24 hours at say 150 an hour each is 3600 dollars you paid 4200 sounds a bit high , but totally out of line to the point that you should get money back ? I don't know. Maybe you should have some help from family member? I know me and my siblings help with my Mom although no one seems able to squeeze a nickle outta Mom!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
A basic sewer cleaning machine can use heads that spin and scour sewer pipe. I've been in this business since 1975 and can verify that "cleaning" sewer pipe with a sewer snake is all that it takes to resolve most "clogs", either roots or soft materials.
Higher cost for hydrojetting covers equipment and time.
There is not enough information presented by original post as to what the significant issue was as to why snakes or hydro did not work and ARS certainly did not provide informed consent and sounds like a full on RIP OFF.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
gotta look out for self doesn't sound good , but I'm short of calling them crooks and not going to tell him he got a good deal either. got a bit of stink to it for sure

Reach4

Reaction score
No, they didn't dig or install anything as far as I know. They just cleaned the drain. They said it was like sanding the inside of the galvanized pipe smooth making it like new again. Does this Picote process really do that?
Does what Picote process really do that? Did the invoice name a process? Did you keep a copy of the contract?

kriver

Reaction score
A basic sewer cleaning machine can use heads that spin and scour sewer pipe. I've been in this business since 1975 and can verify that "cleaning" sewer pipe with a sewer snake is all that it takes to resolve most "clogs", either roots or soft materials.
Higher cost for hydro jetting covers equipment and time.
There is not enough information presented by original post as to what the significant issue was as to why snakes or hydro did not work and ARS certainly did not provide informed consent and sounds like a full on RIP OFF.
Here is a total list of exactly what they did listed on the invoice as written.

1. hydro jet open sewer line
2. clear out clean drain
3. camera inspection
4. Picote basic toward house
5. cable master laundry line, bathroom stall
6. told they rebuilt toilet supposedly did not charged but listed.

This list is taken directly from the invoice.

It is all the information I have. I tried to get help from family but couldn't get in touch with them. my friend left the next day they work 2 days Friday 1/2 day and Sat 1/2 day regular hours

Thank you everyone for your various responses to my inquiry. I really do appreciate all your comments. I will let you know the results of my interaction with their company analyst.
K River

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you kriver, A lot of unknowns on this type of work so prices are based to cover un expected scenarios another point is guys charge as much as they want and justify that it was agreed upon they didn't twist any arms. Ask a guy how much he thinks his maximum he should make in a day? 1 000 2000 10000? its real hard to pin it down. they do have expenses too, insurance, pay benefits, trucks , office, advertising.
Sounds like you paid a high price not the cheapest hack around but this might also be quality work so that's going to be a premium.
You might not get what you pay for, but you don't really get much more than you pay either.
How you figure out fair value I'm unsure. I don't know what exactly they are offering take 50 bucks or few hundred off?

Plumbs

In the Trades
Reaction score
Prices can vary greatly even from one county over. I'm in Northern Virginia so I can't really say if that price is inline with your area but I will say it would be here. Most 100 foot and under lines average $3,500 and that doesn't include hydro-jetting. It's usually much cheaper than digging up the line.
The picote system really does what they claim when used properly. It will grind off scale and smooth out the line. It will also cut roots and remove burrs in the line.
Anytime we do it we give the homeowners copies of the video inspections, before and after. If a company doesn't make recordings, or at least let you watch as they inspect it, that would make me feel uneasy.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine a company in this line of work with out video inspection equipment and it should be automatically provided upon completion of work in my opinion , and not told oh you want to see the video its 300 more or whatever.
In krivers case I recommend shop before you buy not after.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks