P-Trap Not Under Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Chowsman

Reaction score
I know you guys are sticklers for things but I am in a bit of a jam. I'm working in a Craftsman home built in 1912 on the upper floor above the kitchen. The client wanted a zero threshold shower but there is not enough room for a 2" p-trap below the Schulter flange. However there is an old style laundry type shoot that goes the entire distance of the home and the 2" stack is located in there. As you can see by my picture I can locate the trap at the edge of the room near this raceway. The trap will be totally accessible if it needs cleaning.

plumbing.JPG

Comments?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The hassle with a long run to the trap when nearly horizontal is that it doesn't scour clean all that well and is subject to soap scum, body oils, hair conditioner, and hair buildup, leading to a smelly drain that is hard to clean.

While the drain is more expensive, had you considered a linear drain? THey have them with the outlet horizontal. You could do a single slope, which is less complex to build, too.

Schluter does now offer the Kerdi drain with a horizontal outlet Schluter®-KERDI-DRAIN-H | Drains | Shower System | schluter.com that might help you.

Chowsman

Reaction score
I know you guys are sticklers for things but I am in a bit of a jam. I'm working in a Craftsman home built in 1912 on the upper floor above the kitchen. The client wanted a zero threshold shower but there is not enough room for a 2" p-trap below the Schulter flange. However there is an old style laundry type shoot that goes the entire distance of the home and the 2" stack is located in there. As you can see by my picture I can locate the trap at the edge of the room near this raceway. The trap will be totally accessible if it needs cleaning. View attachment 73219 Comments?

Thank-you for pointing out Drain-H, this might work. With Drain-H the p-trap would not be accessible in the future. My configuration allows me to shove something in the line and also access the p-trap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks